Bakersfield, CA, US
Bakersfield, CA, US
Experience: 6 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Bakersfield, CA, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
E&B Natural Resources has an opening for a Production Accounting Supervisor in Bakersfield, CA. E&B is a privately held, growing independent Oil and Gas Company (www.ebresources.com). We are seeking an experienced Production Accounting Supervisor that is analytical, organized, has strong supervisor skills, as well as, being diverse in oil and gas production accounting in multiple states with an emphasis on California and Louisiana.
Essential Job Functions:
• Preparing production allocations to be used by the revenue group for revenue distributions
• Be able to work closely with engineering and field personnel to coordinate operational changes that directly affect production accounting process.
• Review and analyze production allocations for reasonableness and accuracy
• Set up new wells with correct hierarchy for reporting purposes
• Preparing and submitting regulatory filings related to production data
• Building standardized production accounting processes
• Assisting with the integration of acquisitions as it relates to production accounting
• Maintaining production accounting systems
• Supervising a staff of three (or more) production accountants
• Perform other related duties as assigned by the Corporate Controller
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Business Administration, or related field.
• Minimum 6 years accounting experience preferably in oil and gas industry.
• Strong attention to detail required with a high degree of accuracy
• Ability to understand complicated allocation processes
• Ability to demonstrate strong communication and organizational skills
• Experience with Oil and Gas Production Accounting systems.
• Ability to multi-task and work in a growing team environment
• Must be able to supervise staff. Strong leadership skills
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook, as well as some database management experience (SQL-Database or Microsoft Access experience a plus.)
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work
• Possession of a valid California Driver's License C, State automobile insurance, and acceptable driving record substantiated by a DMV printout.
• Completion of a substance abuse screening upon offer of employment.