Houston, TX, US
Houston, TX, US
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Part Time Contractor
Salary: £0.00 per year
Location: Houston, TX, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: North America
The Tax role is a part-time project-oriented work assignment designed to offer hands-on experience within the Corporate Tax team. This assignment will provide exposure to areas of direct and indirect taxation, including federal, state and local, and international tax return preparation, including tax research as needed. This role has high visibility, interacting with multiple tax managers and supervisors as frequently as needed by either. This internship will last through the semester and possibly for the remainder of your Masters of Tax program. A successful candidate will have completed their Bachelor's degree in Accounting and currently be enrolled in an accredited university, Masters of Tax program; or program related; LLM in Taxation. No exception to this requirement, must be pursuing a Masters of Tax to be considered for this position.
This position is available with flexible part- time schedules to start immediately as a contractor. Local candidates only.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist with compilation of data and various projects related to federal, foreign, state, and local tax returns, payments, and tax provisions.
- Assist with preparation of federal income tax returns for various subsidiaries included in the federal consolidated return, state separate and combined income/franchise tax returns for these entities, and any additional tax compliance as needed (such as amended returns, tax refund claims, etc.), all using applicable tax software; consult with Corporate and Business Unit Accounting groups as part of this function.
- Prepare, update, and maintain separate tax depreciation schedules for all companies for return filing and tax provision purposes, and for current and future tax estimates, using tax depreciation software.
- Assist with other miscellaneous tax returns such as GST, sales and use, property for various subsidiaries.
- Assistance to Tax Manager in tax research and planning and occasional assistance to Tax Director on special tax projects, as assigned.
- Comply with all Company policies and procedures.
- Fully supports Company goals of continuous improvement and operational excellence at strategic and tactical levels including reviewing area of responsibility for improvement opportunities to initiate projects or communicate ideas to management as well as active participation on project teams.
- Any additional responsibilities or tasks as assigned.
- Must be enrolled in an accredited university, Masters of Tax program; or program related; LLM in Taxation
- Must possess proficiency in Microsoft Excel and have intermediate skills in MS Word and MS PowerPoint
- Undergraduate preferred in Accounting, but not required
- Experience with any of the following applications is preferred: SAP, BPC, OneSource, BNA Fixed Assets
ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS/ CHARACTERISTICS
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-starter who can manage multiple tasks simultaneously with minimal supervision
- Ability to learn fast with desire to achieve
- Effective interpersonal and strong analytical skills
- Ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines
- Adaptable/flexible and open to change in response to new information
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; stand; walk; use hands to touch, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Energy Resourcing is a leading supplier of specialist human capital to energy and resource focused customers in Asia, Australia, the United States, and Europe and beyond. We provide a range of innovative contracting services and recruitment solutions to some of the world’s leading companies for all stages of the project lifecycle in the upstream and downstream energy and resource development industries. This includes personnel for professional engineering, construction management, project management, inspection, quality assurance, health and safety and other essential services and support activities. Our global customers include oilfield operating companies, major engineering design and construction contractors, refining and petrochemical projects, project management contractors and the growing alternative energy industry.
With major offices currently located in Bangkok, Brisbane, Houston, London, Perth, Singapore and Ulsan providing support to s and projects across the world, Energy Resourcing aims to provide outstanding quality and professionalism in the delivery of our services. Our recruitment and resourcing specialists are the best in the industry. Our management systems, professional expertise and desire to exceed our customers’ service expectations are second-to-none. Wherever you require people, we can provide them, office-based, site-based, offshore, fly in/out, on a staff or contract basis, we can assist with one individual or an entire team.