London, United Kingdom
London, United Kingdom
Skills: Noise & Vibration Control, Technical Manager
Experience: 12 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: London, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently providing specialist technical support to some very high profile major infrastructure projects in the UK and is seeking to recruit a Technical Director to join our acoustics, noise and vibration team in either our Birchwood (Warrington), London or Reading offices.
The successful candidate will lead a growing team that is active in multiple business sectors to drive, deliver and manage our considerable existing project workload in environmental noise and vibration, whilst also contributing towards business development and further team growth. As part of the role, you will collaborate with colleagues providing consultancy services across a wide range of technical disciplines that are located across the UK, and have the opportunity to build on relationships with colleagues based in other parts of our European business, as well as in the Americas.
We are looking for a talented noise and vibration professional with good all round technical skills combined with strong leadership and people/business management credentials. You will therefore be working with senior colleagues within your team, together with senior management within our wider UK business to ensure the successful technical and commercial delivery of existing and future projects. You will be also be involved in business development and be comfortable interfacing confidently with clients to enhance further our reputation as a leading supplier of environmental noise and vibration services. With a young and dynamic team to lead, you will also have responsibilities for the managing and mentoring of junior staff.
Skills / Qualifications
- Degree qualification (or equivalent) in Acoustics or a relevant subject; What is a relevant subject given everything else required?
- Full corporate membership of the Institute of Acoustics (IoA);
- Specifically focused on Environmental Acoustics across a range of business sectors;
- Experience with Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) and ideally Development Consent Order (DCO) applications;
- Minimum of 12 years consultancy experience;
- Business management experience, including monthly financial reporting, resourcing and recruitment;
- Commercial management experience, including providing responses to and leading strategic bids;
- Managing a technical team and ideally mentoring to junior colleagues;
- Experience of providing technical direction at a project level;
- Demonstrable record of developing and securing new business;
- Full driving licence.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life-cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.