Experience: 1 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Edmonton, Canada
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Corrpro Canada is looking for a Temporary Assembly Technician to join our team in Edmonton, AB until Decmeber 30th, 2017.
Corrpro Canada, an Aegion Corporation company, is Canada's largest corrosion engineering, c athodic protection, and corrosion monitoring business for the protection and preservation of infrastructure. Corrpro provides professional corrosion consulting and cathodic protection engineering services to major oil companies, government agencies, municipal water, sewer and gas utilities, universities, and public transportation agencies. Corrpro Canada has complete construction installation services, including crews and equipment to install any type of cathodic protection system for any type of structure.
This position will assist in the manufacturing of Cathodic Protection Rectifiers and related products.
- Electrical wiring of all rectifier units. Specially designed custom units may require Supervisory assistance.
- Assembly of components on the electrical panels as required.
- Assembly of all Junction Box Panels as required.
- Organization and cleanliness of the shop floor to ensure that a safe working environment is maintained.
- Manufacturing and assembly of various Corrosion Protection products
- Efficiently packaging and palletizing magnesium and zinc anodes. Mixing backfill for anodes in proper proportions.
- Efficiently packaging and palletizing calcined coke breeze to the desired level
- Timely assembly of shrink sleeves and related products
- General warehouse duties including maintaining the condition of the warehouse
- Picking, shipping & receiving duties as required
- Proactively follow all Health and Safety rules and legislation while performing job functions
- Perform general maintenance, repairs and inspections of specific tools and equipment to ensure efficient and safe operation
- Load & unload trucks as required
- Operate fork lift as required
- Additional duties as assigned
- 1+ years' experience in a manufacturing or warehouse environment
- High school Diploma or equivalent education
- Experience operating hand and power tools such as drills, saws and specialized equipment
- Fork Lift Operator certificate and experience an asset
- Able to wear a respirator as required
- Able to lift over 50 lb.
- Mechanically inclined
- Able to listen, learn and complete duties efficiently and effectively
- Able to read, write and communicate effectively in English
- Able to interact and work effectively as a team
- Possess a high level of attention to detail
- Able to regularly stand, bend, lift and move intermittently during shifts
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and we value diversity in our workforce
Every day, people’s lives and livelihoods depend on the operation of pipelines, refineries and other infrastructure related to the production of energy.
At Aegion, we are in the business of making sure these structures last. Our companies provide services and solutions to protect, strengthen and maintain them —inside and out — before, during and after their construction.
Aegion companies are leaders and innovators in Corrosion Protection and Energy Services. This includes everything from cathodic protection on pipelines to maintenance at refineries nationwide. Contact Aegion today to learn more about our companies or how to join our team of infrastructure professionals.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Aegion is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Aegion is firmly bound. Aegion will not engage in discrimination against, or harassment of, any person employed or seeking employment with Aegion on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, non-disqualifying disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA compliant – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.