Skills: Warehouse Person, Workshop
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Edmonton, Canada
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Corrpro Canada is looking for a Temporary Warehouseperson to join our team in Edmonton, AB until Decmeber 30th, 2017. This position is responsible for processing materials and supplies, as well as receiving, storing and distributing material, equipment and products within the warehouse.
Corrpro Canada, an Aegion Corporation company, is Canada's largest corrosion engineering, c athodic protection, and corrosion monitoring business for the protection and preservation of infrastructure. Corrpro provides professional corrosion consulting and cathodic protection engineering services to major oil companies, government agencies, municipal water, sewer and gas utilities, universities, and public transportation agencies. Corrpro Canada has complete construction installation services, including crews and equipment to install any type of cathodic protection system for any type of structure.
This position will assist in the manufacturing of Cathodic Protection Rectifiers and related products.
- Read customer orders, work orders, or requisitions to determine items to be moved, gathered, or distributed.
- Convey materials and items from receiving to storage or to other designated areas.
- Sort and place materials or items on racks, shelves, or in bins according to predetermined sequence such as size, type, style, color, or product code.
- Assemble customer orders from stock and place orders on pallets or shelves, or convey orders to packing station or shipping department.
- Mark materials with identifying information.
- Open bales, crates, and other containers.
- Record amounts of materials or items received or distributed.
- Weigh or count items for distribution within plant to ensure conformance to company standards.
- Drive vehicle to transport stored items from warehouse to plant or to pick up items from locations for shipment.
- 1+ years' experience in a manufacturing or warehouse environment
- High school Diploma or equivalent education
- Experience operating hand and power tools such as drills, saws and specialized equipment
- Fork Lift Operator certificate and experience an asset
- Able to wear a respirator as required
- Able to lift over 50 lb.
- Mechanically inclined
- Able to listen, learn and complete duties efficiently and effectively
- Able to read, write and communicate effectively in English
- Able to interact and work effectively as a team
- Possess a high level of attention to detail
- Able to regularly stand, bend, lift and move intermittently during shifts
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and we value diversity in our workforce
Every day, people’s lives and livelihoods depend on the operation of pipelines, refineries and other infrastructure related to the production of energy.
At Aegion, we are in the business of making sure these structures last. Our companies provide services and solutions to protect, strengthen and maintain them —inside and out — before, during and after their construction.
Aegion companies are leaders and innovators in Corrosion Protection and Energy Services. This includes everything from cathodic protection on pipelines to maintenance at refineries nationwide. Contact Aegion today to learn more about our companies or how to join our team of infrastructure professionals.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Aegion is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Aegion is firmly bound. Aegion will not engage in discrimination against, or harassment of, any person employed or seeking employment with Aegion on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, non-disqualifying disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA compliant – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.