Skills: IT - Analysis & Management, IT - Programming & Database
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, TX, US
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Aegion Corporation is looking for an IT Analyst - Data Automation
Aegion is developing an Asset Integrity Management (AIM) platform that will improve the way we collect and manage data on behalf of our customers. A key part of this strategy includes the implementation of cloud services for storing and serving data. This capability will allow us to interchange data with our customers in a variety of ways including industry and geospatial formats. It will also support the execution of asset integrity management services in support of client requirements.
Currently, we use a vendor system for collecting data for our customers on a field collection device. This data is automatically sent to the vendor's cloud database. We have worked out data management process for transferring the data to our central repository where it can be then sent to a customer facing website. We have challenges with data collection formats constantly changing based on differing requirements from one customer to the next. This has created a workflow issue that mandates that we constantly adjust and monitor the collection and transfer process. We are searching for someone that can help us manage and improve this workflow.
This person will be responsible for the following:
- Managing the process for transferring data from a cloud database into our central repository using data management transfer scripts.
- Adjusting the transfer scripts to accommodate new data attributes that might have been added for a specific customer.
- Adjusting the database schema to accommodate new data attributes that might have been added for a specific customer.
- Ensuring that the data transfer executed successfully and that the data is correct.
- Extracting data from the database into Excel or Business Intelligence tools per customer required formats.
- Ensuring that data from the database is showing in the customer facing portal.
- Supporting other activities including the development of new reports and interfaces.
- Working knowledge of computers and various tools including MS-Office and text-editors
- Knowledge of various file formats including .CSV
- Experience with Excel including advanced formatting, use of formulas, and querying databases directly from a spreadsheet
- Web development skills are a plus
- Experience working directly with relational databases - PostGres database a plus.
- Must know how to generate SQL queries
- Must know how to build database tables and views
- Knowledge of database tools such a PGAdmin
- Experience with modifying schemas as required to support collection efforts.
- Experience with FME Scripting tool (This might be hard to find)
- Experience with other data scripting tools including Python
- Must be able to programmatically write code for reading and writing data to a database from a file (i.e., .CSV Files)
- Ability to automate scripts and check for correct output
- Ability to generate and configure reports using BI tools and Excel.
- Experience working with PDF tools for merging data and generating reports
- Familiarity with ArcGIS and the ability to publish map projects (.mxd's) and style these is a plus
- Knowledge of corrosion protection and pipeline survey methods not required but is a plus
Our company offers a Competitive Salary with Career Growth Opportunities and a Full Benefits Package including Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Matching 401k, Tuition Assistance, paid time off, Holiday time, and much more.
Aegion Corporation and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Every day, people’s lives and livelihoods depend on the operation of pipelines, refineries and other infrastructure related to the production of energy.
At Aegion, we are in the business of making sure these structures last. Our companies provide services and solutions to protect, strengthen and maintain them —inside and out — before, during and after their construction.
Aegion companies are leaders and innovators in Corrosion Protection and Energy Services. This includes everything from cathodic protection on pipelines to maintenance at refineries nationwide. Contact Aegion today to learn more about our companies or how to join our team of infrastructure professionals.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Aegion is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Aegion is firmly bound. Aegion will not engage in discrimination against, or harassment of, any person employed or seeking employment with Aegion on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, non-disqualifying disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA compliant – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.