Experience: 6 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Salary: $50.00 - $55.00 HOUR Base on Experinece
Location: New Orleans, LA, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
MUST LIVE LOCAL TO THE AREA / NO SPONSORSHIP AVAILABLE
• Work under minimal supervision on industrial construction projects
• Monitors project activities related to construction site work
• Able to fully understand/interpret equipment and construction specifications, technical reports, and drawings
• Able to use basic AutoCAD drafting tools
• Able to review vendor drawings/data
• Strong understanding industry codes and standards including ASME Piping Codes and API-650 for tanks
• Able to collect of data and information in regards to technical factors relating to mechanical engineering tasks
• Provides technical guidance to owner for resolution of construction issues related to piping, tanks, and equipment
• Fully versed with work sequence, general content, and methods for the procurement of material, equipment, systems, services, or construction for mechanical engineering aspects of projects
• Perform material take-offs
• Builds productive relationships with construction team including owner's project staff, 3rd party construction craft and inspectors
• Strong understanding of project change control process and can identify potential changes
• EDUCATION: BACHELOR OF SCIENCE DEGREE (OR EQUIVALENT EDUCATION) IN AN APPROPRIATE ENGINEERING DISCIPLINE OR THE SCIENCES FROM A FOUR -YEAR ACCREDITED COLLEGE OR UNIVERSITY.EXPERIENCE:
• 7+ YEARS OF EXPERIENCE REQUIRED.
• PROFESSIONAL ENGINEER LICENSE PREFERRED.
Specific Basic Qualifications
• Education: Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering from ABET accredited college or university
• Experience: Minimum of (6) six years of mechanical engineering experience required.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products such as Outlook, Word and Excel. Must be a good communicator and have good interpersonal skills. Transportation Worker Identification Card (TWIC) or ability to obtain one.
• Professional Engineer License preferred.
• Experience with managing/coordinating/interfacing with 3rd party construction craft, inspectors, and owner's project staff in projects with multi-discipline craft.
• Experience monitoring construction progress and managing construction schedules.
• Minimum of 5 years field engineering/construction experience preferred.
• Previous experience with commissioning, testing, and start-up activities of and oil & gas related facility
• Additional Information: Qualified candidates who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test. This position does not include sponsorship for United States Work Authorization.
• Relocation and/or per diem are not offered for this position.