Skills: Civil Engineering, Engineering Manager, Project Engineer
Experience: 7 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Chandigarh, India
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Oceaneering is a global oilfield provider of engineered services and products primarily to the offshore oil and gas industry, with a focus on deepwater applications. Through the use of its applied technology expertise, Oceaneering also serves the defense, entertainment, and aerospace industries. Oceaneering’s business offerings include remotely operated vehicles, built-to-order specialty subsea hardware, deepwater intervention and manned diving services, non-destructive testing and inspection, and engineering and project management.
Establish Project Management discipline. Define/map PM processes applicable to Engineering, mentor Project Engineers, implement processes successfully. Project engineer is required to finalize the scope of work , translate customer requirements into Oceaneering documentation for the purpose of execution, direct and coordinate the activities of various engineering groups to ensure contract specifications / requirements are met and are consistent with established price and delivery requirements and projects are planned and executed within budgeted cost and completed within schedule
Ensures that projects meet specifications, standards and performance requirements within established budget and schedule. Should be able to direct a team of engineers, designers and drafters through project execution. Acts as technical focal point to the internal project team and external customer.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Act as a bridge between the Engineering teams and Application Developers
- Capable of setting up Project Management discipline
- Define/map PM processes applicable to Engineering, mentor Project Engineers, implement processes successfully
- Expected to deliver engineering scope within assigned project hours, budget
- Independently drive a team of engineers, designers and drafters to ensure successful project execution
- Prepare SoP for Engineering design project execution
- Understand design requirements and execute design steps for projects per SoP
- Frequent contact and interface with internal organization (Engineers, Drafters, Planners, Quality, Functional Managers, Site Manufacturing Assembly & Test units)
- Contact with external customers as needed
- Work independently to establish design requirements, conceptualize, plan and execute technical deliverables
- Provide direction and guidance to team of engineers, designers and drafters for assigned project
- Responsible to ensure all engineering scope for assigned project meets customer requirement and is delivered on time
- Plan, generate and maintain engineering schedule of assigned projects
- Single Point of Contact for all communication (including Technical) with customer and internal project team
- Collaborate closely with internal project team members to ensure successful project execution
- Review and interpret customer technical specifications and industry codes
- Review and finalize engineering documents, including specifications, drawings, MDL
- (Master Document List), design documents & reports and procedures
- Facilitate design reviews within team & with customers
- Check the work of drafters, designers and other engineers
- Provide required design assistance during manufacturing, fabrication, assembly, test and installation activities
- Investigate non-conformances and provide technical disposition. Identify root cause of any technical problems and propose solutions to ensure corrective and preventive actions are implemented
- Actively contribute to department discussions relating to technical issues, lessons learnt, organizational development etc.
- Responsible for quality and on-time-delivery of assigned project
- Ensure weekly time entries for project team members
- Provide input to and support improvements to processes or work instructions
- Ensure that assignments conform to SoP, guidelines and specifications
- Responsible for vendor development & management
- No direct reports but drives a team of engineers, designers and drafter through project execution
- Make project related decisions independently or as a team
- Preferably be an engineer with a B.E/B.Tech degree in Mechanical/Electrical/Civil or allied domain
- Minimum industrial experience of 7 years, out of which minimum 3 years of project management experience
- Preferred PMP qualified professional, Preferably has worked within an Engineering Company or Engineering Department.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and other Characteristics
- Sound understanding of Engineering practices, design methods & calculations
- Familiarity with applicable API, ASME codes related to Oil & Gas industry and relevant engineering software
- Must be technically detail oriented with skills in advanced analysis; solving complex problems, decision making, managing multiple projects, and meeting stringent customer deadlines
- Skilled in preparing presentations and executive summaries to senior management; possess solid communication skills in English Language
- Extensive understanding of project management principles, methods and techniques.
- Must possess comprehensive knowledge of project management tools (ie. MS Project, Primavera or equivalent)
- Ability to lead internal and external teams when necessary, have the can-do attitude, be proactive
This position is considered OFFICE WORK which is characterized as follows.
- Almost exclusively indoors during the day and occasionally at night
- Occasional exposure to airborne dust in the work place
- Work surface is stable (flat)
This position is considered LIGHT work.
- Lift up to 20 pounds
- Climbing, stooping, kneeling, squatting, and reaching
- Lift up to 10 pounds
- Repetitive movements of arms and hands
- Sit with back supported
Oceaneering develops products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. The company is the world's largest manufacturer and operator of work class Remotely Operated Vehicles (ROVs) and is also a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, workover control systems, asset integrity services, umbilicals, subsea hardware and tooling. Oceaneering also serves the aerospace, defense and theme park industries.