Skills: CAD / CAM, Electrical Engineering, Engineering Manager
Experience: 4 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Chandigarh, India
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Oceaneering is a global oilfield provider of engineered services and products primarily to the offshore oil and gas industry, with a focus on deepwater applications. Through the use of its applied technology expertise, Oceaneering also serves the defense, entertainment, and aerospace industries. Oceaneering’s business offerings include remotely operated vehicles, built-to-order specialty subsea hardware, deepwater intervention and manned diving services, non-destructive testing and inspection, and engineering and project management.
To prepare electrical layout, electrical cabling diagrams, electrical block diagrams for different products / engineering projects under minimal supervision to all Oceaneering Project Teams.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Develops detailed design drawings and related specification of electrical, mechanical and hydraulic equipment.
- Analyzes engineering sketches, specifications and related data and drawings to determine design factors such as size, shape, arrangement of parts, conductor gauge, component orientation, layout and selection.
- Sketches rough layout of machine, electrical and hydraulic components and computes angles, weights, surface area, dimensions, radii, clearances, tolerances, leverages and location of holes. Determines cable/wiring detail, pin-outs, conductor lengths, termination types and electrical layout.
- Drafts detailed multi-view drawings of machine and subassemblies, including specifications for gear ratios, bearing loads, directions of moving parts, electrical layout, hydraulic layout, electrical cabling diagrams, electrical block diagrams and hydraulic diagrams.
- Prepares customer equipment manuals and project equipment interface drawings.
- Modifies machine, structural or wiring and hydraulic design to correct operating deficiencies or reduce production problems.
- Exposure to the design life cycle management through PDM/PLM software.
- Meeting the project deadlines by providing agreed quality standards of deliverables.
- Participate in regular teleconference meetings with counterparts in overseas locations.
- Undertake any other duties of a reasonable nature as required by Management.
- Carry out work in accordance with the Company Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems.
- Contribute to improving existing Engineering processes
- Demonstrates high level of initiative to accomplish individual objectives assigned as well as team goals
- Should be open to travel as per business needs.
- Work towards individual goals aligned with department and organizational objectives
- Comply to organizational HR policies and procedures
- Diploma in Electrical Engineering with minimum 4 years of Design / drafting experience or B. Tech / B.E. in Electrical Engineering with 2 years of Experience.
- Proficient user of AutoCAD, Solidworks and PLM/PDM software
- Familiarity with Electrical industry codes/standards
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
An individual should demonstrate following competencies & qualities to be able to perform this role successfully:
- Communication skills
- Teamwork & Interpersonal skills
- Analytical, problem solving & decision making skills
- Organizing & planning skills
Oceaneering develops products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. The company is the world's largest manufacturer and operator of work class Remotely Operated Vehicles (ROVs) and is also a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, workover control systems, asset integrity services, umbilicals, subsea hardware and tooling. Oceaneering also serves the aerospace, defense and theme park industries.