Skills: Reservoir Engineering
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Houston, TX, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Offshore Reservoir Engineer
About the role
A highly motivated Reservoir Engineer is needed in Caribbean Exploration to plan appraisal activities, to evaluate available data in support of volume, risk, and value assessments for upcoming exploration wells, and to contribute to Basis of Well Design documents for all wells in the drilling campaign. The qualified candidate should have at least ten years of experience working as a reservoir engineer on assets throughout their lifecycle, including experience with deepwater assets.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Contribute to optimization of value through refining development plans for exploration and appraisal outcomes, with recognition of uncertainty.
· Characterize the rock/fluid interactions.
· Assess and organize conventional and special core analysis results.
· Identify and compare with relevant analogues.
· Evaluate geomechanical tests and results.
· Contribute to the design of well tests and interpretation of results.
· Make recommendations for new data acquisition plans, based on value enhancement.
· Participate in planning and executing appraisal activities, as requested by the subsurface manager.
· Represent reservoir engineering in multi discipline groups to impact field development plans, design basis and operations and make technical and economic recommendations.
· Present clear and concise summaries to internal and external stakeholders.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
· Strong integrator of information and analysis within teams, and across functions. Collaborating with the representatives of the partner, reservoir engineers, production engineers, geoscientists and completion engineers, drilling engineers, operations, finance and planners.
· Strong reservoir engineering skill set with a good understanding of appraisal strategy, well operations, and geology to help optimize value. Practical application of reservoir engineering skill set born of experience from working on deepwater assets in asset teams.
· Applies knowledge and experience to solve issues and make sound recommendations informed by data while recognizing uncertainty.
· Acts with a personal sense of urgency to achieve high quality results within set time frames.
· Ability to communicate clearly client's technical positions, with well-crafted and documented technical presentations/ interpretations.
· Communications and diplomacy skills used to persuade and influence others.
· Applies strong mentoring skills.
· B.S., M.S., or Ph.D. in engineering.