Skills: Reservoir Engineering
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Houston, TX, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Onshore Reservoir Engineer
A highly motivated Unconventional resources Senior Reservoir Engineer is needed for our operated Shale Production Unit to evaluate ongoing production activities and optimize our forward Development Plan. The qualified candidate should have at least ten years of experience working as a reservoir engineer, including at least four years of experience working in asset teams on unconventional (shale) assets.
1. Participate in developing and delivering production budgets
2. Develop well forecasts, monitor well performance, and make recommendations to improve production
3. Perform reservoir management, with emphasis on key areas of uncertainty that impact well performance (multi-phase effects, completion design, geomechanical effects etc.) Recommend and implement data acquisition plans, future designs, and/or operations changes to improve production and value. Incorporate learnings into forecasting expectations of well performance.
4. Represent reservoir engineering in multi discipline groups to impact field development plans, design basis and operations and make technical and economic recommendations.
1. Strong integrator of information and analysis across functions. Collaborating with reservoir engineers, production engineers, geoscientists and completion engineers, drilling engineers, operations, finance and planners.
2. Strong shale-specific reservoir engineering skill set with a good understanding of fluid thermodynamics, completion and well performance, reservoir management, and geology/geomechanics to help understand and optimize production and value.
3. Solid analytical, operational understanding and experience with multi-stage hydraulic fracturing (design, execution and evaluation) in unconventional plays like Eagle Ford, Permian, Haynesville, and/or Fayetteville is a must.
4. Acts with a personal sense of urgency to achieve high quality results within set time frames.
5. Clearly communicates client's technical position, with well-crafted and documented technical presentations / interpretations.
6. Identifies key work areas for reservoir engineering based on new information.
7. Pro-active team player willing to continuously grow technical and leadership skills.