Platteville, CO, US
Platteville, CO, US
Skills: Mechanical Engineering, Metallurgist / Materials Engineering, Pipeline Engineering
Other Skills: Integrity Management, Asset Integrity Engineer
Experience: 8 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Platteville, CO, US
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
This position will act as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) in the Midstream Engineering and Operation Technical Support - Asset Integrity group that leads Anadarko's pipeline integrity efforts and programs.
- A minimum of 8+ (Eight) years of experience in pipeline or related engineering is required.
- Extensive knowledge of federal (DOT 49 CFR 192 and 195) and state pipeline regulations with emphasis on integrity management regulations.
- Experience in pipeline design, operations, maintenance, and a detailed understanding of defect evaluation and repair.
- Technical knowledge and experience in pipeline risk management, analysis, and software systems.
- Must maintain good relationships with regulatory agencies.
- Must be able to work effectively with both engineers and operations personnel.
- Knowledge of industry standards such as ASME, API and NACE.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Must be self-motivated and able to work both collaboratively and independently.
- Project management experience is preferred.
- Capable of developing and implementing Integrity Management Programs (IMP's) and associated standards and procedures to support the IMP's for all pipeline assets.
- Provide integrity related engineering design guidance for pipeline projects including material selections, pig trap design, hydrostatic test plan design, and MOP/MAOP calculations.
- Pipeline risk management support, including investigating and implementing risk software.
- Identify pipeline preventative and mitigative measures, re-assessment interval and re-assessment methods.
- Support tool and contractor selection, analyze data, and provide follow up corrective actions for Pipeline Inline Inspections (ILI).
- Provide scope, schedule and budget guidance for pipeline integrity work.
- Perform Root Cause Analysis (RCA) and Fit for Service (FFS) analysis.
- Coordinate with HSE, Regulatory, Engineering and Operations on pipeline integrity efforts.
- Support regulatory audits (DOT / PHMSA / State).
- Benchmark performance using Key Performance Indicators (KPI's).
- Provide due-diligence support for acquisitions.
- Stay connected with pipeline regulations and evolving trends.
A bachelor's degree or greater in engineering is required with a preference for Mechanical, metallurgy, or chemical engineering degree is preferred.
Certifications / Licenses
- Professional Engineering (PE) license is preferred.
- NACE PCIM certification is preferred.
This position may be eligible for domestic relocation
Up to 25%
This position is eligible for the 5/40 or 9/80 work schedule
See Job Description