Washington, PA, US
Washington, PA, US
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Washington, PA, US
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
If you enjoy taking the lead, rising with a growing company and making the most of your skills and your career, Nine Energy's Wireline Operator role could be an excellent opportunity for you.
The Wireline operator is responsible for the safe operation of the wireline truck at the service location, rigging up the wireline truck and crane (as applicable) at the service location and assisting with all wireline operations both in the shop and in the field. The Wireline operator operates and maintains the assigned truck and equipment, as well, keeps records for the overall operation.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists in load-out and pre-job checks for jobs as directed.
- Assists in preparation of documents for DOT travel.
- Assists in preparation of documentation for maintenance of fleet vehicles prior to travel.
- Assists in rigging up and rigging down of wireline equipment for well site operations.
- Assists in the preparation of the wireline unit and calibration of equipment.
- Assists in the assemblies of perforating guns and rebuild of setting tools in various field and shop locations as needed.
- Performs meter checks on perforating guns prior to use in field.
- Guides surface tools during wireline operations as instructed.
- Performs operational tasks in man/personnel basket as directed.
- Assists in troubleshooting of tools and equipment as directed by supervisor.
- Maintains assigned wireline unit, tools, equipment and facilities in a neat, workable condition and conducts self in an exemplary manner at all times as directed.
- Immediately reports damaged inoperable, unsafe and inadequate tools, equipment, fleet or materials to supervisor.
- Immediately reports any and all malfunctions to supervisor.
- Is available to perform duties on short notice, day or night, while on duty.
- Drives company wireline units, cranes, pickups and pickups pulling trailers as directed.
- Ensures that all safety practices are implemented before, during and after the well service operation.
- Perform various other duties and activities as assigned by supervisor within the physical constraints of the job.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Internet software; Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
- Current Class A Commercial Driver's License (CDL) with Hazmat and Airbrake Endorsement, or the ability to attain it within 120 days of employment.
- Regularly exposed to high, precarious places; moving mechanical parts; outside weather conditions; risk of electrical shock and explosives.
- Occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals and risk of radiation.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually very loud.
- Regularly required to talk or hear.
- Frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms.
- Frequently required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Regularly required to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Occasionally required to assist in lifting and/or moving of 150 or more.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.