Skills: Project Management
Other Skills: Perform data analysis, create adhoc reports, provide operational support, implement enhancements to GIL Tools applications.
Experience: 4 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Salary: Perform data analysis, create adhoc reports, provide operational support, implement enhancements to GIL Tools applications.
Location: San Ramon,USA, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
As a member of Chevron's IT team, you'll be providing technical and business analysis support for the web applications that manages Chevron's desktop and server environment on a global scale. You will work with IT customers, design teams, and offshore support and development teams to design and implement business processes and solutions that assist in hardware, software, and service life cycle management. The position requires a strong technical background in Oracle SQL and PL/SQL, as well as solid business and data analysis experience. Familiarity with web development and knowledge of the MS Windows architecture will be extremely helpful.
This person will need to be a quick learner and a self starter who is willing to jump in and start learning about the applications on their own after a short training period.
• Provide operational support for hardware and software asset management applications. Perform data extracts from Oracle databases for analysis and reporting purposes.
• Work with IT Design teams to design and enhance existing IT solutions for managing our infrastructure and IT services. Act as a liaison between stakeholders and the development team.
• Create business and functional specifications. Review development team's technical specifications. Develop test plans and scripts as well as coordinating CAT testing with the global community.
• Develop standard and custom reports for customer analysis and metrics.
• 4-6 years of Strong data analysis skills; experience with writing complex SQL queries in Oracle to retrieve data for analysis, data migration, troubleshooting, and reporting purposes. Candidate should have extensive Oracle experience with queries joining 9 or more tables and working with tables containing millions of rows. Familiarity with advanced analytical functions and subqueries is a must. Candidate should know how to use Explain Plan or other tools in tuning queries.
• Experience providing day-to-day operational support for .Net web applications.
• Experience working with customers and developers to troubleshoot applications. Ability to review code to identify issues and to troubleshoot batch failures is a plus.
• 3-5 years' experience with writing business requirements, process flows, functional and technical specifications, test scripts, and end user documentation.
• Proactive, positive attitude team player who thrives in a fast-paced environment. Enjoys multi-tasking and working as a liaison between various cross-functional teams and the IT organization.
• Strong written and oral skills.
• Strong customer-centric orientation. Builds and maintains good relationships with customers.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Management Information Systems is preferred or equivalent experience.
• Knowledgeable on the Application Development Lifecycle.
• Business Analysis training or equivalent experience.
-PLUS: Application development experience-specifically web-development, VB.Net
-PLUS: Oracle PL/SQL skills
-PLUS: Chevron or Enterprise Experience
-PLUS: Working with off-shore team, development team is off-shore
Intertek is one of the largest and most respected specialized staffing and outsourcing agencies operating in the engineering and technical services marketplace. Working closely with its clients, Intertek has played a critical role in staffing some of the most notable projects to have been designed, engineered, constructed and commissioned on all major continents.
Intertek’s competitive advantage lies in its unique ability to provide highly qualified personnel that clearly meet the client’s needs, expectations and site placement requirements. This is accomplished through a network of dedicated, proactive and strategic recruitment centers established in multiple geographic regions providing an impressive ability to identify, screen, hire and deploy not only expatriate resources but also local and regional expertise. This proficiency is not easily found in today's marketplace, thus positioning Intertek to contribute significant value to the client's local labor content and sustainable development initiatives.