Skills: Civil Engineering, Geotechnical Engineer
Experience: 15 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Albuquerque, NM, US
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Overview / Responsibilities
Amec Foster Wheeler is currently seeking a Civil/Geotechnical Engineer/Group Manager to join our Albuquerque, NM team. Will manage projects and lead the geotechnical team to provide civil/geotechnical engineering services for civil engineering and/or transportation projects.
This individual will work out of the Albuquerque, New Mexico Engineering Office. Some travel, to work with and coordinate with other Amec Foster Wheeler offices will be required.
- Will provide civil/geotechnical engineering and project management and be responsible for delivering geotechnical and geologic projects to Amec Foster Wheeler’s public and private sector clients - Projects include transportation, mining, site characterization, flood control, dams, levees, pavements and other civil works projects
- Supervise and lead civil/geotechnical investigation and design activities
- Project and budget management including resource management and oversight
- Technical management and direction of site investigations and preparing technical reports
- Managing and coordinating project teams, including ensuring the technical quality of deliverables.
- Geotechnical engineering analyses
- Collaboration and participation in technical discussions with Amec Foster Wheeler team members
- Manage Geotechnical group consisting of mid-level and junior-level staff
- Grow the local and internal geotechnical group through new [projects, clients and pursuits, and internal clients
- Travel will be limited to approximately 30%, in state and regional travel on an as needed basis
Skills / Qualifications
- BS or MS in Civil Engineering, Geotechnical, Mining Engineering or related engineering discipline
- Currently registered or immediately eligible for registration as a PE in New Mexico; Registration in additional states is a plus
- 15 to 25 years + experience in geotechnical investigation and civil design including experience including development of engineering plans, specifications, and cost estimates
- Strong academic background and solid understanding of soil mechanics and local New Mexico soils and geology
- Experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Earth dams and levees
- Demonstrated Project Management skills and the ability to lead, train and mentor junior staff
- Ability to manage a group and promote professional development of staff
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Proficiency with SLOPE/W & SEEP/W a plus but not required
- Drilling, field investigations, and laboratory testing
- Good communication, report writing, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Superior time management, planning and ability to interact with clients
- Ability and willingness to travel approximately 30%, in state and regional travel on an as needed basis
- Must pass drug test, background check and must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company's driving (MVR) policy
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.