Los Angeles, CA, US
Los Angeles, CA, US
Skills: Civil Engineering, Environmental Engineer
Experience: 15 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Los Angeles, CA, US
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is seeking a Principal Civil Design Engineer / Client Services Manager, with 15 to 30 years of experience, to join our team in the Los Angeles/Orange County area in CA. The ideal candidate will have meaningful experience in water, wastewater, civil, utilities and infrastructure design to support the Water/Wastewater practice of the Infrastructure Branch. This person will also be responsible for business development, proposal preparation, strategy development and client relationships with public agencies and private clients in this market in California.
Primary focus for project execution work will include project/contract management, preparation of studies, plans, specifications and estimates (PS&E) for various infrastructure projects. These include but are not limited to water/wastewater facilities, port facilities (marine terminals, off-dock facilities, etc.), various civil improvements (including utility design, site grading and drainage and familiarity with national and local codes and requirements), roadway design, pump stations and other improvements. Project work will include hydraulic calculations, volumetric earthwork calculations, cost estimating, studies and attending client meetings.
- Lead teams that support miscellaneous water/wastewater and civil engineering work
- Support civil site development work
- Convey results and findings by means of oral discussions, graphic-based presentations and project documentation
- Design or redesign complex layouts and drawings from general written or verbal specifications from project team
- Work with project team to investigate and resolve problems with existing designs and make corrections to the drawings as requested by the senior staff
- Conduct engineering calculations necessary for project development
- Help develop detailed design submittal packages for the client review
- Create and update database of design records for future reference in the required software
- Adhere to discipline-specific CAD standards
Skills / Qualifications
- BS in Civil or Environmental Engineering or other similar engineering degree required
- Civil Engineering License in California required
- A minimum of 15 years’ experience preparing design drawings and conducting engineering calculations, leading engineering teams
- Prior experience with water, wastewater and port infrastructure design preferred
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Proficiency in Bentley MicroStation, AutoCAD, ProjectWise, InRoads, WaterGEMS, SewerGEMs software
- Proven ability to read and understand both 2D and 3D drawings
- Knowledge or understanding the principals of Surveying and GIS helpful
- Must pass drug test, background check and must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company's driving (MVR) policy
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life-cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.
Wood is ranked among Top 30 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings. Find out more here.