Skills: Regulatory Compliance
Other Skills: Competent in performing self-verification against project regulatory plan during detailed design and fabrication (P&ID review, BOD verification).
Experience: 7 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Houston, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
The MD2 Regulatory Site Advisor provides regulatory guidance directly to the facility delivery team at the execution site locations during detailed design and fabrication. The position supports the project Regulatory and Engineering teams in implementation of project regulatory processes and leads on self-verification and contractor oversight activities.
This role is currently Houston based; it will transition to Korea in approximately 1Q 2018 and remain until completion.
Essential Experience and Job Requirements
• Deep technical expertise in GoM regulatory environment (USCG and BSEE).
• Experience in facility Class (USCG)
• Experience in vendor requirements and verification
• Experience of delivering regulatory compliance within a 3rd party contracting strategy.
• Experience in Korean fabrication
• Experience developing, implementing & maintaining self-verification programs.
• Ability to build both internal and external networks within all functions and at various internal and external stakeholders.
• 15+ years of relevant experience
Desirable skill set:
• Act as on-site regulatory resource for BP project team both in design location and at fabrication site.
• Ability to verify compliance and conformance with applicable legal and regulatory requirements.
• Communication skills that enable effective delivery of regulatory advice, guidance and assistance to construction managers, delivery managers and engineering team with.
• Competent in performing self-verification against project regulatory plan during detailed design and fabrication (P&ID review, BOD verification).
• Monitor engineering deliverables and verify compliance with Engineering Regulatory Reference Table.
• Interface with the procurement process to verify the requisitions correctly identify the equipment design requirements and the engagement of the Classification Society.
• Monitor CVA documentation requirements of BSEE structure permit.
• On-site implementation of the USCG Communication plan.
• Monitor construction activities for system completeness and verify installed equipment against P&ID's, etc.
• Ability to work cross functionally with QA to identify documents required for documentation of code/regulatory compliance.
Other requirements (eg Travel, Location): Role will transition to fabrication site (South Korea) in approximately 10-12 months.
Top three attributes that would make a candidate stand out
1. Deep technical expertise in GoM regulatory frameworks
2. Experience in facility Class (USCG)
3. Experience in vendor requirements and verification
Intertek is one of the largest and most respected specialized staffing and outsourcing agencies operating in the engineering and technical services marketplace. Working closely with its clients, Intertek has played a critical role in staffing some of the most notable projects to have been designed, engineered, constructed and commissioned on all major continents.
Intertek’s competitive advantage lies in its unique ability to provide highly qualified personnel that clearly meet the client’s needs, expectations and site placement requirements. This is accomplished through a network of dedicated, proactive and strategic recruitment centers established in multiple geographic regions providing an impressive ability to identify, screen, hire and deploy not only expatriate resources but also local and regional expertise. This proficiency is not easily found in today's marketplace, thus positioning Intertek to contribute significant value to the client's local labor content and sustainable development initiatives.