Skills: Engineering Technician, Mechanical Technician, Production Testing
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: Some College
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Aberdeen, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
We are working with our client who service the oil and gas sector and are based in Aberdeen, to source an Assembly Test Technician.
This is a permanent position
- The job holder is responsible for the assembly, testing and maintenance of Pressure Control Equipment (PCE) and Downhole Tools (DHT), in accordance with Company procedures.
Disassembly, inspection, redressing, reassembly, testing and functioning under pressure of PCE such as Crossovers, Lubricators, Pump In Subs & Insitu Subs, Stuffing Boxes, Liquid Seal Subs, Grease heads and Wireline Valves (WLV), Hydraulic Ball Valves, Gate Valves & Ezi Shear & Seal Valves
- Disassembly, inspection, redressing, reassembly, testing and functioning of DHT's (Slickline Tools) such as Variball Roller Systems, Pulling Tools, Releasable Overshots, Wireline Accelerators, Hydraulic Jars
- Have a complete awareness and understanding for all PCE and DHT's working towards fault finding
- Reading and understanding of engineering/manufacturing drawings and assimilate data
- Using of Hydraulic Pumps for pressure testing PCE
- Safely moving goods around via a Forklift and electric pallet truck
- The job holder will be required to work overtime, sometimes on a regular basis to meet the needs within the department, which can often be requested at short notice.
- Ensuring that Risk Assessments are completed accurately, and highlighted hazards are adapted accordingly to ensure zero risk for all personnel, for required duties
- Assisting with maintenance work to facilities, plant and equipment within the workshop or in the open (yard), if and when required
- Ensuring that the Workshop and Yard area are kept clean and clear of debris at all times, inclusive of keeping yard clear from snow and ice in the winter, promoting a safe working environment at all times
- Providing support, assisting and regularly communicating with the Assembly and Test Department, both formally and informally as required to ensure the highest level of operations and expectations are understood
- To be familiar with and use of the quality system documentation and forms as applicable to the role of the position and the tasks to be performed.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience and Experience
- HNC/HND (or working towards to) in Mechanical Engineering, or a relevant subject with proven experience in a similar role of at least two years
- Forklift Training
- Working knowledge of industry standards and specifications
- Working knowledge of PCE and DHT
- Manual Handling
- High Pressure Water Jetting Awareness
- Full UK Driving Licence
Should this position be of interest to you, please contact us and we will be happy to discuss this role