Skills: Electrical Engineering, Engineering Manager, Mechanical Engineering
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Chandigarh, India
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Oceaneering is a global oilfield provider of engineered services and products primarily to the offshore oil and gas industry, with a focus on deepwater applications. Through the use of its applied technology expertise, Oceaneering also serves the defense, entertainment, and aerospace industries. Oceaneering’s business offerings include remotely operated vehicles, built-to-order specialty subsea hardware, deepwater intervention and manned diving services, non-destructive testing and inspection, and engineering and project management.
Research, coordinate and support engineering staff in selection and qualification of sourced and bought out components, assemblies and related hardware. Ensure these components meet the product specifications and are reliable & effective. Works under general supervision.
Duties & Responsibilities
Other duties may be assigned.
Needs to perform following activities under supervision:
- Research, coordinate and support engineering staff in selection and qualification of sourced and bought out components, assemblies, and related hardware.
- Create/update database for Commercial off The Shelf (COTS ) parts/ material to match with specifications; including attribute definition, component classification.
- Refine and update COTS database for updated product definition and lifecycle management.
- Interpret & use industry codes, company SOP's & standards relevant to component engineering process.
- Perform duplicity check before creating new COTS in the database.
- Handle the COTS / Material database changes and updates in PLM/PDM/PeopleSoft systems as per Business Unit specific processes.
- Understand and comply to established Component Engineering / Supply Chain Management processes.
- Resolve technical queries raised by customers or field technician to select / source right product.
- Classify components / products to meet global trade compliance as per HTS/HS directive.
- Ascertain assigned work is delivered with required quality, within schedule.
- Contribute to improving existing Component Engineering processes.
- Work towards individual goals aligned with department and organizational objectives.
- Comply to organizational HR policies and procedures.
- Understand and adhere to organizational HSE policies and practices.
Education, Experience & Software Skills
- Graduation (Bachelor degree) in Mechanical/ Electrical / Electronics Engineering.
- Basic level user of SolidWorks and PLM/PDM.
- Awareness of Mechanical / Electrical industry codes/standards (e.g.; ASME, ASTM, AISC, IEC, etc.)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
How To Apply
We offer a competitive salary and the opportunity to advance in an international company. Visit www.oceaneering.com, select ‘Careers > Career search and then click ' Oceaneering Job Search' to apply
Oceaneering develops products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. The company is the world's largest manufacturer and operator of work class Remotely Operated Vehicles (ROVs) and is also a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, workover control systems, asset integrity services, umbilicals, subsea hardware and tooling. Oceaneering also serves the aerospace, defense and theme park industries.