Skills: Engineering Manager
Experience: 8 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Chandigarh, India
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Oceaneering is a global oilfield provider of engineered services and products primarily to the offshore oil and gas industry, with a focus on deepwater applications. Through the use of its applied technology expertise, Oceaneering also serves the defense, entertainment, and aerospace industries. Oceaneering’s business offerings include remotely operated vehicles, built-to-order specialty subsea hardware, deepwater intervention and manned diving services, non-destructive testing and inspection, and engineering and project management.
Manufacturing Engineer defines, develops, documents, and qualifies manufacturing processes / products / vendor supporting new product development and/or production of existing products. Works under minimal supervision.
Duties & Responsibilities
Other duties may be assigned.
Needs to perform following activities under supervision:
- Work closely with engineering and design teams concerning product design to ensure efficiency in production methods and process capabilities.
- Incorporate engineering specifications into design, process, or techniques and provide feedback to capture lessons learned.
- Support manufacturing requirements for: requirements development, detailed design, production of mechanical systems; procurement, specification development; developing and executing test plans and reports.
- Confer with contractors to determine product specifications Vs vendor capability. Evaluates vendors / products according to quality standards that meet organization's specification requirement.
- Provide disposition to non-conformance reports on fabricated / manufactured parts and assist with identifying root cause and mitigation of root cause.
- Improve manufacturing process cost.
- Ensure solutions / products achieve required quality levels, reliability, and consistency.
- Confer with management, engineering, and other staff regarding manufacturability, production schedule estimates, and other considerations to facilitate manufacturing processes.
- Review engineering estimates for production times and related costs to provide information for management decisions.
- Contribute to improving existing Engineering Design processes.
- Work towards individual goals aligned with department and organizational objectives
- Comply to organizational HR policies and procedures.
- Ensuring all contracting and procurement activities are conducted in accordance with policy and ethical and business practices.
- Understand and adhere to organizational HSE policies and practices
Education, Experience & Software Skills
- Diploma in Mechanical Engg with minimum 8 years of Design / drafting experience or B. Tech / B.E. in Mechanical Engineering with 6 years of Experience.
- Strong experience in product design, material selection, fabrication processes such as welding and machining, tooling and production equipment capabilities, assembly methods, and quality control standards.
- Good knowledge about inspection, testing & product qualification procedure.
- Experience of working in an ISO environment.
- Ability to work as part of a team of managers, engineers, manufacturing, purchasing, vendors, and technical personnel.
How To Apply
We offer a competitive salary and the opportunity to advance in an international company. Visit www.oceaneering.com, select ‘Careers > Career search and then click ' Oceaneering Job Search' to apply
An individual should demonstrate following competencies & qualities to be able to perform this role successfully:
- Strong written & verbal communication skills.
- Teamwork & Interpersonal skills
- Analytical, problem solving & decision making skills
- Organizing & planning skills
Oceaneering develops products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. The company is the world's largest manufacturer and operator of work class Remotely Operated Vehicles (ROVs) and is also a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, workover control systems, asset integrity services, umbilicals, subsea hardware and tooling. Oceaneering also serves the aerospace, defense and theme park industries.