Skills: HR - General
Experience: 7 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Chandigarh, India
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Oceaneering is a global oilfield provider of engineered services and products primarily to the offshore oil and gas industry, with a focus on deepwater applications. Through the use of its applied technology expertise, Oceaneering also serves the defense, entertainment, and aerospace industries. Oceaneering’s business offerings include remotely operated vehicles, built-to-order specialty subsea hardware, deepwater intervention and manned diving services, non-destructive testing and inspection, and engineering and project management.
The HR Manager leads a team of HR Business Partners and acts as a strategic partner to the line by embedding corporate HR strategy into day-to- day work and providing professional HR guidance and support to relevant internal client groups with the objective of adding value to the business. In coordination and collaboration with HR Centers of Expertise, Global Mobility, and the HR Service Center, the HR Manager is directly responsible for the overall administration, coordination and evaluation of the human resource function within an assigned region.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Contribute to the business strategy by helping business leaders to identify, prioritize, and build organizational capabilities, behaviors, structures, and processes.
- Act as a liaison between the line and HR COEs and HR Service Center to ensure that HR services are aligned with internal client needs in the APAC region.
- Partner with the business to proactively plan talent needs for new projects and new country entries.
- Implement appropriate employee training and manage its delivery.
- Assist business unit leaders in providing employees with development opportunities that align with current and future performance standards.
- Understand and solicit employee opinions and anticipate their needs and concerns to improve employee engagement.
- Identify and drive the sharing of best practices across functions to facilitate continuous improvement.
- Maintain knowledge of progressive HR practices and key trends.
- Identify new opportunities for HR to add value to the business.
- Support line managers in forecasting and planning their talent pipeline requirements in line with the function or business strategy.
- Facilitate a strong leadership and coaching culture.
- Ensure policies and procedures are properly aligned with local laws and company values.
- Manage specific projects as determined in the annual HR operational plan and contribute to functional and cross-functional initiatives.
- Substantial Business Acumen
- Clear, comprehensive understanding of the link between talent and other HR initiatives and business strategy
- Ability to develop clear, actionable steps in support of an overall business strategy
- Ability to recognize trends and develop recommendations based on data analysis
- Knowledge of HR issues associated with expatriate assignments and a mobile workforce.
- Effective team player and networker
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and customer service skills
- Significant knowledge of HR policies, processes (e.g., workforce planning and talent management), and talent management practices
This position directly manages the HR Business Partners within the department and is indirectly responsible for the overall performance of the HR function within the region.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, HR management, or related field.
- 7+ years of experience in Human Resources generalist positions preferred. Familiarity with the HR Business Partner model from CEB or similar is an advantage.
- Previous experience and knowledge of HR issues associated with expatriate assignments and managing a mobile workforce is strongly preferred.
- In-depth knowledge of governmental policy, regulations and employment laws for countries in Southeast Asia including Malaysia, Indonesia, and Thailand is preferred.
- Experience working across multiple countries and cultures with a deep understanding of how to navigate and work effectively across large and complex matrix organizations a plus.
- Must be fluent in English. Ability to speak other languages is an advantage.
How To Apply
We offer a competitive salary and the opportunity to advance in an international company. Visit www.oceaneering.com, select ‘Careers > Career search and then click ' Oceaneering Job Search' to apply.
Oceaneering develops products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. The company is the world's largest manufacturer and operator of work class Remotely Operated Vehicles (ROVs) and is also a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, workover control systems, asset integrity services, umbilicals, subsea hardware and tooling. Oceaneering also serves the aerospace, defense and theme park industries.