Houston, TX, US
Houston, TX, US
Skills: IT - Analysis & Management
Other Skills: Enterprise Architect, Azure, SQL, DW, Data Factory, Value Creator, E&P, D&C, Drilling, Completions, Computer Science, Oil and Gas
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Houston, TX, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
We are currently seeking an Enterprise Data Architect for a long- term contract opportunity with a prominent E&P based in Houston, TX. A global Operator, our client specializes in the exploration and production of crude oil and natural gas.
The Enterprise Data Architect is primarily responsible for for constructing high quality computer based probabilistic models to answer business problems, providing technical recommendations in support of an machine learning roadmap, developing the infrastructure necessary to interact with models and establishing sustainable methods for deployment and support of the models. The selected candidate will be in a business- facing role, accountable for the end- to- end usage and value creation for analytics models and workflows.
The Enterprise Data Architect is also responsible for:
- Working closely with the Asset, Functional Excellence and IT teams on a variety of projects from framing through deployment and ongoing continuous improvement efforts, including strategic reviews, profiling and scoring opportunities, data identification and cleansing, problem solving, process reengineering and business engagement
- Interpreting key business problems; hypothesizing and targeting for improvement into actionable machine learning tasks
- Building and deploying Machine Learning infrastructure and high performing Machine Learning models, with easily accessible middleware layers for interactions
- Providing statistical verification of model quality
- Maintaining versioning and documentation of model builds for backwards capability and audit purposes
- Organizing and monitoring support of models in production
- Analyzing and applying the results of the model to the business problem
- Conducting opportunity reviews to evaluate readiness, value and delivery capabilities
- Understanding business process work flows and applicability to models
- Developing ETL and Data Repository solutions to support machine learning and analytics projects
- Bachelor's Degree in Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- 5- 10+ years of experience in an E&P, oil and gas engineering environment, with knowledge of oil and gas well lifecycle, e.g. production engineering, operations, D&C, in conventional and unconventional assets
- Lean training is a plus
- Strong working knowledge of cloud offerings, specifically Azure SQL, Azure DW, Azure Blob and Azure Data Factory; strong working knowledge of domain data and quality, Innovator and Value Creator
- Must have high- level mathematical and statistical abilities, problem solving skills, critical and logical thinking
- Strong understanding of data concepts, including master data, data governance, integration based on key fields, etc.