Skills: Production Operator
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Some College
Location: The Woodlands, TX, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
This position will be responsible for Researching, Designing, Developing, Implementing and Supporting Anadarko's Microsoft Windows Server environment.
- Candidate must have a minimum of 8 years of experience supporting and designing IT infrastructure.
- Candidate must be proficient and knowledgeable with server virtualization technologies.
- Candidate must be able to interpret and develop in PowerShell.
- Candidate must have working experience with designing, maintaining, supporting and troubleshooting server operating systems, server roles, hardware, networking, and storage.
- Candidate must demonstrate and utilize a thorough working knowledge of all technical principles, theories, and concepts related to Microsoft and strategic partner solutions.
- Candidate must be able to design, implement, and support advanced solutions to problems of unusual complexity that require ingenuity, creativity, and innovativeness.
- Candidate must understand project management and be capable of leading project teams.
- Experience in Oil and Gas Automation field desirable. (Wonderware/Cygnet)
- Candidate must display excellent oral and written communications skills in both technical and non-technical situations and be capable of collaborating with all different levels of the organization and skill types.
- Candidate must have the ability to get along and cooperate with co-workers, desire to be considered an integral part of a work team and to contribute to the success of the group.
- Candidate must have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment, set priorities, work under pressure, and follow through with assigned tasks with limited supervision.
- Hyper-V, System Center Suite, and Active Directory experience a plus
- Develop, implement, and support Windows Server based operating systems (2003, 2008, 2008 R2, 2012, 2012 R2, and 2016), including a large Hyper-V environment, various support systems and applications. Monitor, troubleshoot, diagnose and repair server hardware.
- Diagnose and recommend solutions to resolve key business challenges of importance to the company.
- Provide technical guidance and mentor other administrators while actively transferring knowledge to colleagues.
- Effectively interact and consult with colleagues across the organization. Take a leadership role by listening to ideas and recommendations of others and effectively incorporating them into final recommendations.
- Research, analyze, and define systems requirements in coordination with business units to provide a functional architecture.
- Design, implement, and support converged compute, network, and storage environments for the enterprise Virtual infrastructure along with the supporting capacity, monitoring, and configuration management systems.
- Lead or assist with the design and implementation of major technical infrastructure architectures including the configuration, testing, documentation and coordination with other infrastructure disciplines.
- Enhance existing systems as required to gain better efficiencies and minimize downtime.
High School Diploma or GED required; Bachelor's Degree Information Technology, Computer Science, Programming or related field preferred
This position is not eligible for relocation
Up to 25% domestic travel.
This position is eligible for the 5/40 or 9/80 work schedule
See Job Description
Anadarko is among the world’s largest independent oil and natural gas exploration and production companies, with corporate offices in the Woodlands, Texas. Our deep and balanced portfolio of assets encompasses premier positions in major U.S. onshore shale and resource plays, and oil-focused opportunities in deep-water basins worldwide.
Each day, we are focused on our core values of integrity and trust, servant leadership, commercial focus, people and passion and open communication in all of our business activities. We are committed to our mission of delivering a competitive and sustainable rate of return to shareholders by exploring for, acquiring and developing oil and natural gas resources vital to the world's health and welfare. At Anadarko, we directly employ more than 4,900 men and women and we strive for excellence in all that we do. We know the best vision in the world will not be realized without the right people.
At Anadarko, we set ambitious goals and take disciplined risks to achieve them. We need individuals who will take on this challenge. We’re planning for the future and looking for exceptional people to be part of it.
Visit our channel on YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/AnadarkoTV
Connect with us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/anadarko-petroleum-corporation