The Woodlands, TX, US
The Woodlands, TX, US
Skills: Production Operator
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Some College
Location: The Woodlands, TX, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
This position is located at Anadarko's corporate headquarters in The Woodlands, Texas, as part of the Advanced Analytics and Emerging Technologies (AAET) group. The Senior Staff Developer will provide development leadership in distributed computing environments, data architecture and leveraging open source applications.
The successful candidate will have a minimum of Eight (8) years combined software development, enterprise infrastructure, data engineering and open source solution experience. Qualifications include:
- Experience with streaming data solutions such as Kafka and Storm
- Experience with containerized environments such as Docker
- MapR experience including Admin and MapR DB
- Extensive Data and Application architecture experience
- Experience in all phases of the software development life-cycle
- Understanding of full-stack development concepts
- Experience as a technical lead overseeing development projects using agile methodologies
- Strong communications skills (written and oral), with an ability to listen and to articulate project status and issues.
- Communication experience should include presentations at all organizational levels.
- Team building skills to bring a diverse group together to deliver required business results.
- Consulting/Problem Solving - ability to work in an advisory capacity to identify key problems, develop and evaluate alternative solutions and make recommendations.
- Has been involved with/worked on teams tasked with innovation
- Experience in upstream Oil and Gas related business areas is desired.
The role will be responsible for developing, advising and providing leadership to help meet the groups software and analytics initiatives. Specific responsibilities include:
- Developing architecture around streaming data solutions
- Investigation/application of Hadoop, Spark and Apache Drill
- Application of distributed computing environments
- Full stack development
- Application and data architecture
- Working with other IT groups on system architecture and data integration
- Remain current with emerging technologies and industry best practices; guide other developers on major development strategies and methodologies
- Act as technical lead on development projects
High School diploma or GED required. Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Programming or related is preferred.
MapR Certified Administrator preferred
This position is not eligible for relocation
The percentage of travel required for this position is 0-10%
This position is eligible for the 5/40 or 9/80 work schedule.
See Job Description
Anadarko is among the world’s largest independent oil and natural gas exploration and production companies, with corporate offices in the Woodlands, Texas. Our deep and balanced portfolio of assets encompasses premier positions in major U.S. onshore shale and resource plays, and oil-focused opportunities in deep-water basins worldwide.
Each day, we are focused on our core values of integrity and trust, servant leadership, commercial focus, people and passion and open communication in all of our business activities. We are committed to our mission of delivering a competitive and sustainable rate of return to shareholders by exploring for, acquiring and developing oil and natural gas resources vital to the world's health and welfare. At Anadarko, we directly employ more than 4,900 men and women and we strive for excellence in all that we do. We know the best vision in the world will not be realized without the right people.
At Anadarko, we set ambitious goals and take disciplined risks to achieve them. We need individuals who will take on this challenge. We’re planning for the future and looking for exceptional people to be part of it.
Visit our channel on YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/AnadarkoTV
Connect with us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/anadarko-petroleum-corporation