Houston, TX, US
Houston, TX, US
Skills: Electrical Engineering
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Houston, TX, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: North America
Progressive Global Energy are currently hiring for a Firmware Engineer to join a global oilfield service company for a 6 month contract.
This position will be based on the north side of Houston, TX, and will likely move into a Full Time Employee role depending on performance.
- Evaluates project risks and provides input to project leads to develop mitigation
- Uses engineering tools, test specifications and assessment of Health, Safety and Environment requirements during the design process
- Working heavily with hardware and software engineers at a senior level to write codes for the micro-controllers
- Bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering or other relevant discipline
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a Firmware Engineer position
- Previous experience working on Real Time Operating (RTO) systems (QNX Threadx, embedded Linux, VXWorks are all considered)
- Previous experience working on constrained embedded platforms
If you meet the above requirements are interested in discussing this position further, please send your updated resume for review.
Look forward to hearing from you!
Progressive Global Energy and Natural Resources, part of Progressive Recruitment, is dedicated to helping companies and energy professionals face their recruitment challenges head on. From a network of strategic hubs Progressive Global Energy and Natural Resources places oil & gas, mining and renewable energy professionals globally.
Our specialist consultants draw on their market expertise, insight and contacts within the sector to source the best and brightest talent across the following technical disciplines:
- Supply Chain/Procurement
- Mechanical Engineering
- Business Development and Sales
- Control and Instrumentation
- Petroleum Engineering (Reservoir/Drilling)
- Geosciences (Geophysics/Geology)
- Integrity/Asset Management
- Process Engineering