Skills: Accounting, Business Analyst, Operations Management
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Lake Charles, LA, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Analyst to provide Operating Expense analysis and reporting.
• Directly responsible for all aspects of operating expense reporting and analysis for the refinery
• Prepares internal reporting requirements including internal financial statements & operating expense reports and various capital expense reports.
• Assist in external reporting requirements including operating expense analysis, CRD statistics & year-end disclosure checklists.
• Monitors expense; prepare status reports for teams to ensure fiduciary compliance.
• Liaison between LCR and Global Financial Services and Excel Paralubes JV (Costs).
• Perform journal entry and accrual responsibilities as needed
• Prepares reports and provides in-depth analysis monthly to the operations and maintenance groups for the refinery-close one-on-one interaction with senior managers to understand cost drivers and improvement opportunities
• Proficient understanding and use of SAP modules - PM, PS, FI/CO.
• Strong networking and communication skills with all levels of management and employees.
• Knowledge of and experience with refinery work processes with the capacity to achieve results through working with diverse technical and professional teams.
• Strong Microsoft Excel skills with working knowledge of Microsoft Word & PowerPoint.
• Ability to prioritize workloads, balance short and long term goals, and adhere to strict deadlines.
Minimum requirements would be:
• Basic Accounting Knowledge
• Familiar with MS Excel particularly Pivot Tables
• SAP experience
• Proficient reviewing work orders and purchase orders
• Strong communication skills
• Accounting Degree
• 3-5 years experience in cost reporting
• Experience in a closing accounting role
Short term Contract assignment - about 3 months
Lake Charles, LA (no relocation or per diem provided)
Only applicants who are authorized to work in the US, without company sponsorship, on a full-time, permanent basis will be considered.
Applicants who are authorized to work in the US indefinitely without company sponsorship will be given first consideration.
Established in 1991, Omega is a leading global supplier of systems and personnel to the oil and gas and energy sectors. We combine flexible personnel with expert software products to provide project teams with consistent, up to date information that improves communication, decision making and project performance.
Our business culture is transparent and open, with a service minded and entrepreneurial staff of almost 900 people of 35 different nationalities handled from 14 different offices worldwide. We can staff projects with experienced consultants or complete teams, across all disciplines, supporting projects in size from $100K to $10+ billion.