Skills: Construction Engineer, Construction Manager, Design Engineer
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Denver, CO, US
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Location(s): CO - Denver
Are you ready to take your leadership potential to the next level with a growing Fortune 500 company?- Xcel Energy is at the leading edge of an industry that is changing quickly. We-re seeking dynamic, proven leaders to help guide us into this exciting energy future. If you-re looking to lead at a company that is committed to excellence, safety and environmental stewardship, with plenty of room to grow, consider a position at Xcel Energy.
Provides visionary and strategic leadership to achieve customer, investor and employee satisfaction. Responsible to direct the overall gas and electric distribution design and layout, construction, operations, maintenance and emergency repair activities for Xcel Energy distribution systems. Accountable for implementation of organizational policies, attainment of organizational goals and objectives with emphasis on fiscal responsibility, employee/public safety and service reliability, as well as anticipating and positioning the organization to meet future business needs in a changing competitive environment.
- Provides the strategic leadership and direction for the organization to contribute to the financial and operational excellence of the Design, Construction & Maintenance (DC&M) organization. Responsible for the effective and efficient utilization of resources with emphasis on safety, customer satisfaction, reliability and compliance with regulations. Develops, approves and manages annual and long-term expense and capital financial resource budgets. Ensures design estimate accurately cover actual costs and Customer Contributions (CIAC) are properly collected and allocated.
- Responsible for effective and efficient use of bargaining and non-bargaining resources with emphasis on cost reduction, safety, reliability, customer satisfaction, and regulatory compliance. Involved with union general contract negotiations specific to department for all areas of responsibility supported by represented employees.
- Provides for ongoing, effective and clear communication of the organizational vision, mission, key objectives and individual roles to employees and leaders. Responsible for engaging the workforce through seeking and responding to employee and leader input, consistently recognizing high performing employees, providing the appropriate tools and materials to perform the work assigned and ensuring the workforce understands the vision and mission of the organization and how their work contributes to the achievement of goals. Communicates with and establishes effective working relationships with external entities and internal organizations outside span of control to maximize efficiency, responsiveness and resource allocation
- Responsible to provide the leadership for at least one DC&M priority. Provides a central point of contact for all issues regarding the assigned priority. Assures that all other DC&M Directors have the appropriate information. Develops and monitors progress toward efficient and improved effectiveness of this topic for the entire DC&M organization.
- Responsible for building, maintaining and improving ongoing working relationships with internal and external organizations and service providers to ensure and provide maximize efficiency, responsiveness and resource allocation.
- Applies industry and Xcel Energy best practices, competencies and success factors to establish performance expectations. Assesses complex competitive, technical, political and social issues and develops strategies to achieve results that consider the perspective of a wide variety of stakeholders
- High School diploma or GED. Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Business or a combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge.
- 5 years middle management experience.
- Demonstrated leadership successes.
- Demonstrated knowledge of construction, operation, maintenance and design fundamentals of electric underground distribution and network systems, restoration techniques, and interpretation of engineering drawings.
- Demonstrated knowledge of codes/regulations including FERC, NESC, OSHA, NEC, DOT, EEO/AA, EPA, PUC, environmental, land use, franchise & building codes. Demonstrated knowledge of management systems, safety manual and labor agreement is essential.
- Professional Engineer license.
- Industry knowledge/experience
This position requires a behavioral assessment prior to being considered for an interview.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you-re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes:- CO - Denver
Xcel Energy is a major U.S. utility which serves more than 3.5 million electric customers and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight states.
Our mission is to provide clean, safe reliable energy to our customers through a mix of sources including wind, solar, hydro, coal, nuclear and natural gas.