Skills: Business Analyst, IT - SAP / ERP
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, TX, US
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Advanced IT SAP Business Analyst- Houston
Marathon Oil is seeking an IT SAP Production Revenue Accounting (PRA) Business Analyst.- This role will provide support for the SAP PRA module, including ownership, payment processing, revenue processing, tax, and regulatory reporting. The successful candidate will work with the business to understand their goals, assist with process design, perform system configuration and system testing -for both project and support efforts.- Business knowledge and SAP solution expertise are required. --This position will be responsible for the enhancement and support of the SAP PRA module to meet the clients- business requirements, while maintaining a high degree of customer satisfaction.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Act as a liaison to the business client for troubleshooting (investigate, analyze, and solve software problems), documenting of business requirements, processes and objectives, and develop necessary product enhancements to satisfy clients' needs.
- Partner with business clients to define and prioritize requests including fixes and enhancements.
- Analyze current business processes and scenarios and recommend/develop solutions.
- Represents the client when collaborating with internal IT groups and external software vendors.
- Remain current on IT initiatives and communicate the impact to business clients.
- Provide detailed knowledge of industry best practices.
Must have demonstrated experience with the following:
- Hands-on functional configuration experience with SAP PRA and related sub-modules
- Familiarity with PRA-relevant modules FI/CO, JVA and their integration with PRA
- Experience with a full lifecycle SAP project implementation.
- Knowledge of PRA product architecture and upstream business processes.
- Deep knowledge of SAP PRA Production Accounting and Regulatory Reporting for ONRR and various states.
- 5+ years- experience in the Oil and Gas industry supporting SAP PRA.
- Experience with integration to third party solutions for Land, Marketing and Production volumes.
- Experience with custom interfaces for check write and check clearing processes.
- Experience with support pack/enhancement pack upgrade testing.
- Excellent client facing and interpersonal skills.
- Strong oil and gas business knowledge.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Project).
- Experience or familiarity with the PRA Roadmap.
- Understanding of IT controls and audit concerns.
- Experience applying the SAP ASAP methodology and structured testing practices and tools (HPQC).
- Use of Change Management systems to progress technical resolutions into the production environment.
- Experience with LSMW / CATT data conversion tools.
- Strong communication skills (oral and written).
- Excellent facilitation and organizational skills.
Education Required: Bachelor-s Degree
Location: Houston, TX
Travel Required: As needed (<10%)
-Marathon Oil Corporation (NYSE: MRO) is an independent international exploration and production company. Based in Houston, Texas, the Company has activity in North America, Europe and Africa. The Company has three reportable operating segments, each of which is organized and managed based primarily upon geographic location and the nature of the products and services it offers.
Marathon Oil Company will take the necessary action to ensure that applicants are treated without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran status or other protected status under applicable employment law.
If you are a current Marathon employee please use the ERP website to submit referrals.