Austin, TX, US
Austin, TX, US
Skills: Oil Terminal / Storage Management, Perforation, Petroleum Engineering
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Austin, TX, US
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Performs advanced and/or managerial (senior-level) engineering and oversight work. Work involves managing and directing
major technical engineering projects and activities and reviewing and issuing permits. May plan, assign, and/or supervise the work
of others. Works under minimal supervision, with considerable latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment.
Veterans, Reservist or Guardsman with an MOS or additional duties that fall in the fields of Army 12A Engineer, 653x - LOO- Civil Engineer Corp, Coast Guard - ENG13 - Civil Engineering, Marines - 8831 - Environmental Engineering Management Officer; or Air force - 32EX Civil Engineer or other related fields pertaining to the minimum experience requirement may meet the minimum qualifications for this position.
Additional Military Crosswalk information can be accessed at:
Essential Job Elements
- Provides petroleum-engineering expertise and analysis to Energy Resources in managing the mineral resources on state lands, including pooling applications.
- Oversees review and preparation of reports on recommended course of action on all commingling permit issues and gas metering issues.
- Provides engineering analysis of any drainage situations associated with shut -in applications, Railroad Commission Statewide
- Rule 37 request, or offset obligations. Provide expert witness testimony at appropriate civil/judicial forum.
- Reviews in-kind, audit, and legal functions with engineering expertise and analysis as required.
- Oversees oil and gas lessees' compliance with the terms and conditions of their oil and gas lease.
- Evaluates developed state properties with remaining reserves and recommend value for their lease or sale.
- Oversees scheduled and non-scheduled geologic and technical reports as assigned by management.
Minimum Qualifications (Education+ Experience)
- Applicants must demonstrate on the application how the following qualifications are met:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Petroleum, Chemical or Mechanical Engineering.
- Five (5) years advanced knowledge and experience in the design and installation of oil and gas production facilities, production
- meter types, commingling methods for oil and gas, oil and gas treating processes and gas processing plant design.
- Must be licensed as a Professional Engineer by the State of Texas
Knowledge and understanding of American Petroleum Institute Manual of Petroleum Measurement Standards.
How to Apply: All applications for employment with the Texas General Land Office (GLO) must be submitted electronically by the job closing date. PAPER, FAX OR E-MAIL APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED. Please visit our website at www.glo.texas.gov for more information about applying for a GLO job posting or click the link below to apply.