Dhahran, Saudi Arabia
Dhahran, Saudi Arabia
Skills: Civil Engineering, Safety Engineering
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Dhahran, Saudi Arabia
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: North America
We are seeking to hire an experienced Traffic and Road Safety Engineer to work for the Traffic Safety Signature Program Division based in Dhahran, Saudi Arabia. The successful candidate will work in the area of Traffic Safety and Transportation, to help identify, prioritize, develop, and implement traffic safety measures
Saudi Aramco's Safety and Industrial Security Administration's Traffic Safety Signature Program (TSSP), has the role of improving traffic safety in the Company and Saudi Arabia's Eastern Province. TSSP plays a vital role in implementing multiple traffic safety strategies to reduce traffic related accidents, and ultimately reduce associated deaths and injuries, through the implementation of four dimensions in the area of education, engineering, enforcement, and emergency strategy.
During the first 30 days you will become familiar with the department's core operations, key decision makers, area of responsibility, stakeholders, and shadow TSSP members. You will also familiarize yourself with Saudi Aramco's processes and procedures, through networking, corporate portal, and knowledge base.
60 - 90 Days
During the 60 and 90 day period;
Learn the organization's systems and its products and services. Review process and procedures and stakeholder's engineering requirements. Be involved in day-to-day road safety activities handled by the Engineering Group. Assist in establishing an updated and uniform approach for designing roads, with a particular emphasis on providing safer road passage for all road users.
- As the successful candidate, you must have a Bachelor of Science degree in Civil Engineering, and be a registered Professional Engineer (PE) in a Civil Engineering category. The preferred candidate has a traffic or transportation education background.
- Must have at least 10 years of experience within highways, traffic and/or transportation experience.
- Must be technically proficient in highway/traffic geometric design, using current international standards.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, as well as demonstrate capabilities for properly analyzing traffic or motor vehicle safety problems.
- Excellent ability to communicate in technical English with peers and members of management, and be able to produce clear and concise oral and written reports in English.
- Require a valid driving license as the role will involve conducting field surveys.
Duties & Responsibilities:
You are required to perform the following:
- Execute a variety of traffic and highway engineering projects, including the development of safety engineering capabilities.
- Provide and develop traffic safety initiatives, including accident investigation/analysis.
- Development of remedial measures, road safety audit, street corridor studies and land use planning.
- Develop traffic safety action plans, provide direction and oversight on traffic safety initiatives/studies, and traffic impact studies.
- Serve as one the organizations leading subject matter experts in traffic safety and road engineering.
- Conduct field surveys.
- Interface with company representatives and government authorities, to address the transportation and traffic safety improvements in the Eastern
- Province of Saudi Arabia, as well as others areas of the Kingdom.