Skills: Construction Engineer
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Eunice, NM, US
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Overview / Responsibilities
Amec Foster Wheeler Environment & Infrastructure is currently seeking a Construction Materials Lab Technician to join our Hobbs, NM team to support construction materials testing for mining transportation and construction projects.
- Will perform soil, concrete, asphalt and material testing primarily
- Operate standard construction materials laboratory testing equipment
- Perform analysis or calculations to check accuracy of test data
- Data input for report preparation and submittal to clients
- May occasionally work in the field
Skills / Qualifications
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Valid Driver’s License required
- Reliability – must be able to arrive at designated project sites prior to scheduled times
- Ability to prepare reports and documentation
- Ability to read & interpret specifications
- Ability and willingness to travel within New Mexico and possibly other western states to support other Amec Foster Wheeler offices and approximately 20% overnight travel
- Must pass drug test, physical, background check and must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company's driving (MVR) policy
- Prefer WAQTC and/or NAQTC certification for soils, concrete and asphalt
- ACI Strength Testing Technician preferred
- Ability to lift 50 pounds and will routinely lift and carry materials and equipment
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.
Wood is ranked among Top 30 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings. Find out more here.