Skills: Electrical Engineering, Engineering Manager
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Salary: £0.00 per year
Location: San Francisco, CA, US
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Practice Lead, Renewable Energy Consulting
Reporting to: VP, Power & New Energy, Americas
Geography of Responsibility: North & South America, noting that more current opportunities are in the USA and Canada, however strategic growth expectations are across the broader Americas region
Location: Near a major airport within the US, and near a concentration of renewable energy clients. Slight preferences to one of California (Folsom, San Francisco, or LA areas), Texas (Austin), or Georgia (Atlanta). This can be a remote position depending on location of the candidate.
Summary Job Description
This is a continental consulting leadership position with an expectation of refining the Practice's renewable energy strategy, leading sales activities, and responsible for the successful delivery of all renewable energy projects. In short, this is a Principal consulting doer/seller position.
- Develop & implement the Renewable Energy (RE) National Strategic Initiative
- Lead, Reshape, and aggressively expand a high performing, agile consultancy team capable of providing renewable energy advisory services across the region
- Refine the company's service offering to align with the market trends. Services could include conceptualization, feasibility, strategic development, due diligence and management of renewable energy projects and/or assets
- Engage with key stakeholders across the value chain (investors, developers, utilities, clients, regulators, etc.) to ensure Advisian continues to provide a differentiated value proposition to our clients.
- Evaluate and partner as required with stakeholders across the value chain.
- Identify and secure opportunities in the sector
- Working with the Sales team, be accountable for the execution of the go-to-market plan strategically selecting targeted clients
- Professionally engage, pre-position, follow-up, and secure contracts from targeted clients
- Educate, as needed, the existing dedicated multi-sector focused sales teams to help them identify and secure applicable Renewable Energy opportunities
- Stay abreast of state and national industry trends, policy changes, cutting-edge disruptive energy technology developments, and shifting client challenges to quantify market potential, cultivate new development opportunities, strategically pursue, win and deliver high caliber project outcomes.
- Collaboratively engage all applicable internal and external stakeholders in the development of capabilities and the pursuit & execution of awarded projects
- Responsible for the Lead the delivery of Renewable Energy projects
- Demonstrates awareness of health, safety & environment issues; takes action to ensure zero harm to all employees, customers, contractors and the environment.
- Mobilizes and coordinates company resources from various national offices, partners, or subsidiaries, to create project teams capable of completing effective, quality work. Works with individual lead discipline engineer to develop budgets, schedules and plans for the various elements of a project. Ensures that the project meets or exceeds goals established in these plans.
- Monitors and reports to management on the progress of all project activity within the program, including significant milestones, and any conditions which would affect project cost or schedule.
- Ensure established proposal budgets are met
Preferred Qualifications and Attributes:
- A business and engineering / technical education combination is preferred. Ex. (MBA and a Degree in electrical engineering, or similar)
- Strong understanding of, and minimum of ten years combined experience in project development, construction and/or operations for the following; solar PV, wind energy (onshore or offshoure), hydroelectric power, and distributed energy generation. Experience with any of the following would be an additional benefit: energy storage, integration of variable energy generation technologies into traditional fossil power systems, distribution grids, or interconnection assessments.
- A strong rolodex of relationships with key stakeholders in the renewable energy sector including investors, developers, utilities, regulators and vendors.
- Entrepreneurial attitude with a strong desire to lead and grow a renewable energy advisory business.
- Experience selling consulting / advisory services
- Direct and relevant experience in the renewable and distributed energy sector with a strong understanding of the power industry and markets
- Sufficient knowledge and understanding of what it takes to effectively develop renewable energy projects, to manage subject matter experts, including RPS portfolio assessments, strategic siting, support for host site agreement negotiations, permitting, electrical interconnection, construction and commissioning.
- Prior experience managing multiple, complex projects or programs. Ability to creatively visualize and design new concepts and ideas related to technical/functional projects.
Energy Resourcing is a leading supplier of specialist human capital to energy and resource focused customers in Asia, Australia, the United States, and Europe and beyond. We provide a range of innovative contracting services and recruitment solutions to some of the world’s leading companies for all stages of the project lifecycle in the upstream and downstream energy and resource development industries. This includes personnel for professional engineering, construction management, project management, inspection, quality assurance, health and safety and other essential services and support activities. Our global customers include oilfield operating companies, major engineering design and construction contractors, refining and petrochemical projects, project management contractors and the growing alternative energy industry.
With major offices currently located in Bangkok, Brisbane, Houston, London, Perth, Singapore and Ulsan providing support to s and projects across the world, Energy Resourcing aims to provide outstanding quality and professionalism in the delivery of our services. Our recruitment and resourcing specialists are the best in the industry. Our management systems, professional expertise and desire to exceed our customers’ service expectations are second-to-none. Wherever you require people, we can provide them, office-based, site-based, offshore, fly in/out, on a staff or contract basis, we can assist with one individual or an entire team.