Midland, TX, US
Midland, TX, US
Skills: Mechanical Engineering
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Midland, TX, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: North America
3S Engineering and Design is an engineering, design and consulting firm that works with a broad range of clients in the oil and gas industry.
We are currently looking to fill this position in Midland, TX. This position is responsible for providing supervision and technical support for the Mechanical/Civil Engineering and Project Managers associated with project teams for the purpose of delivering safe, cost-effective and quality execution of small to medium size oil and gas processing facilities.
Roles and Responsibilities:
· Coordinate work assignments for mechanical/civil engineers and project managers.
· Provide assistance for any needs / questions that come up in projects or personal situations, and keep department leads and managers informed.
· Interact with all engineering and designer disciplines, project managers, and clients as necessary for the success of execution of projects.
· Provide support and be included in the input to initial project schedules and estimates requiring engineering support.
· Provide oversight of the team's project execution, with the objective of removing obstacles that hinder the progress toward completion.
· Implement procedures and tools to maximize mechanical/civil engineering capability, according to expectations.
· Perform end of the year annual performance reviews of staff.
· Assist with staff development, and the review of resumes and participation in any interviews of possible new staff.
· Able to work with time limitations and coordinate numerous activities of engineering staff who need to cooperate together to achieve maximum efficiency, by leading them with inspiration.
· Interact with clients, managers, and subordinates in a positive, professional manner.
Qualification and Education Requirements:
· B.S. in Mechanical Engineering with experience preferably in the mechanical/civil engineering and design disciplines related to Oil, & Gas industries.
· 2+ years' experience in the role preferred, with 8+ years' experience as a practicing engineer.
· P.E. by exam is preferred with the ability to be licensed in multiple states.
· Must be able to travel up to 10% of the time if necessary.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
· Aptitude for successful development of a teamwork culture.
· Professional and ethical personality willing to lead by example.
· Ability to provide oversight for several simultaneous projects in progress.
· Strong Computer skills (MS Office and Engineering Tools Software)
· Well developed, detail-oriented organizational and time-management skills.
· Ability to interact with clients, managers, and subordinates in a positive, professional manner
We offer competitive pay and a benefits package that consists of a 401K, Blue Cross Blue Shield Medical and Dental coverage. In addition to medical coverage, we also offer Humana vision, life, short term disability, and supplemental insurance.