Skills: Electrical Engineering
Experience: 9 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Atlanta, GA, US
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Overview / Responsibilities
Amec Foster Wheeler Power & Process is currently seeking candidates for a Senior-level Electrical Engineer position located in our Atlanta, GA office serving the US Nuclear Industry. Candidates will support project teams in the design and analysis of electrical systems and plant upgrades.
This position will offer the candidate the opportunity to utilize in Electrical Power Systems Design. In providing technical analytical support for project teams, the candidate will be involved in the design of new power plants, modifications to existing power generation facilities, and plant electrical systems betterment. This is a senior level position that offers a variety of interesting and challenging opportunities. The candidate will interface with other engineers on a project team and with the client to ensure that all client requirements are satisfied.
The candidate will work on major engineering projects for upgrades and modifications to nuclear power plant electrical systems in the areas of:
- Load flow and short circuit
- Power flow
- System stability
- Transient over-voltage
- System impact
- Other duties shall include preparing conceptual designs for the following:
- Grounding systems
- Generating station electrical auxiliary power systems
- Protective relaying
- Cable ampacity
- Cathodic and lighting protection
- Development of Electrical system design work products such as:
- 1-line diagrams
- Logic diagrams
- Equipment requirement specifications
- System requirements specifications
- System design documents
- Engineering studies
- Engineering reports
- Project work will involve development of drawings, calculations, engineering change packages, procedures, etc.
- This engineer will become modification proficient allowing development of discipline specific plant ECs while learning client-specific modification processes
- Daily communication / interaction with project teams
- There is the potential for travel to client offices to provide on-site consultation
- Effectively communicate with other technical and non-technical disciplines and customers
- Ensure effective management of assigned tasks and Assume responsibility for cost, schedule, quantity and budget control of assigned tasks
- Apply academic knowledge to job / role accountabilities
- Provide support on specific portions of larger projects and / or work assignments
Skills / Qualifications
- Degreed engineer with 10+ years of relevant electrical experience
- Some commercial nuclear experience
- An understanding of the practical application of electrical engineering and technology including applying systems, principles, techniques, and procedures to a project design
- Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles involved in the production of technical plans, drawings, and models
- Experience in design engineering for power plant electrical systems
- Proficiency with MS Office applications
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Registered Professional Engineer
- Experience performing transient analysis of power systems using software such as: PSS / E, ETAP, EDSA and ATP
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Amec Foster Wheeler (www.amecfw.com) designs, delivers and maintains strategic and complex assets for its customers across the global energy and related sectors.
Employing around 36,000 people in more than 55 countries and with 2015 revenues of £5.5 billion, the company operates across the oil and gas industry – from production through to refining, processing and distribution of derivative products – and in the mining, clean energy, power generation, pharma, environment and infrastructure markets.
Amec Foster Wheeler offers full life-cycle services to offshore and onshore oil and gas projects (conventional and unconventional, upstream, midstream and downstream) for greenfield, brownfield and asset support projects, plus leading refining technology.
Amec Foster Wheeler shares are publicly traded on the London Stock Exchange and its American Depositary Shares are traded on the New York Stock Exchange. Both trade under the ticker AMFW.