Skills: Geotechnical Engineer
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Charlotte, NC, US
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Overview / Responsibilities
Amec Foster Wheeler Environment & Infrastructure is currently seeking a Geotechnical and Materials Engineer to assist in execution of a wide range of projects related to energy, transportation, industrial / commercial, and government sectors. Exciting work environment including engineering for large projects (>$250k) related to dams, nuclear plants, transportation structures, commercial development, and government services. Role would be based in our Charlotte, North Carolina office. The successful candidate should be flexible in assignments, willing to travel periodically, and eager to learn.
- Focus will be on coordination and engineering for geotechnical and construction materials testing projects
- Performs field exploration, inspection, analysis; provides technical support with supervision of field, laboratory and office staff
- Performs field testing; uses geotechnical and civil equipment and instrumentation
- Interprets data and test results, performs geotechnical calculations, analyzes data with civil / geotechnical software, and assist in drafting reports
- Prepares field reports, internal correspondence, sections of formal reports
- Execution of field construction responsibilities
- May supervise subcontractors and / or company employees
- Follows company safety standards and site safety standards
- Contacts vendors; researches literature and regulatory requirements; prepares draft designs
- Conducts engineering or scientific calculations; design work, preliminary analysis and layout
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil or Geotechnical Engineering (Masters in Civil preferred)
- 3 to 6 years of related experience
- P.E. strongly preferred
- Must have strong oral / written communication skills and ability to work well in teams.
- Flexibility to work outside normal business hours as required.
- Flexibility to travel for short durations (typically one week or less) in areas requiring airline travel.
- Must be proficient in MS Office Suit (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.