Denver, CO, US
Denver, CO, US
Skills: Engineering Technician
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Some College
Location: Denver, CO, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Anadarko's DJ Development Planning Group has an opening for an Engineering Technologist located in the Company's Denver office. Successful candidates will be responsible for data management, data analysis/interpretation, providing recommendations to peers and management, leading meetings, weekly reporting, and training and development of other staff. This position will be heavily focused towards the mitigations space which helps facilitate decision making for noise, odor, dust, light on our locations. The position will require interfacing with Operations, Stakeholder Relations, Municipal Planning, Surface Land, Regulatory and the Planning Teams. Other projects may include working with Technologists in the group to build out tools for the Planning Team.
- 8+ years of relevant work experience required.
- Self-motivated individual with strong work ethic and attention to detail.
- Strong organizational skills, knowledge of database and spreadsheet applications and good interpersonal communication skills.
- Computer skills should include all Microsoft Office applications, specifically Microsoft Excel and Access.
- Experience with Spotfire preferred.
- Proficiency with internal software applications: ANORM is a plus.
- A basic understanding of upstream and midstream operations.
- Manage surface impact planning access database
- Manage sound wall needs with vendors
- Document mitigation decisions and create views to best display state of business for operations team
- Address other areas of our business besides drilling and completions that need attention for mitigations ie: production facilities, compressor stations and workover rigs.
- Assist in research for new mitigation technologies.
- Strong database management and data mining skills.
- Assist the engineering team with data management, data assimilation and organization
- A high level of initiative, energy, creativity and willingness to learn with good interpersonal skills and an ability to work well within a multi-discipline team.
- Proactively seek to improve systems, data management, processes and team functionality.
Bachelor's degree preferred. Major in Science, Mathematics, Computer Science, Accounting, Economics or Information Technology preferred.
This position is eligible for domestic relocation.
The percentage of travel required for this position is 0 - 5%.
This position is on a 9/80 work schedule.
See Job Description
Anadarko is among the world’s largest independent oil and natural gas exploration and production companies, with corporate offices in the Woodlands, Texas. Our deep and balanced portfolio of assets encompasses premier positions in major U.S. onshore shale and resource plays, and oil-focused opportunities in deep-water basins worldwide.
Each day, we are focused on our core values of integrity and trust, servant leadership, commercial focus, people and passion and open communication in all of our business activities. We are committed to our mission of delivering a competitive and sustainable rate of return to shareholders by exploring for, acquiring and developing oil and natural gas resources vital to the world's health and welfare. At Anadarko, we directly employ more than 4,900 men and women and we strive for excellence in all that we do. We know the best vision in the world will not be realized without the right people.
At Anadarko, we set ambitious goals and take disciplined risks to achieve them. We need individuals who will take on this challenge. We’re planning for the future and looking for exceptional people to be part of it.
Visit our channel on YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/AnadarkoTV
Connect with us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/anadarko-petroleum-corporation