Skills: Business Development, Financial Analyst
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, TX, US
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
The Senior Hyperion Systems Administrator will work as part of the Corporate functional team to support, monitor, maintain, and test the financial consolidation, planning, and reporting systems. The role will work closely with the Hyperion IT development team conveying and testing new business requirements and process improvement initiatives. The Hyperion Business Administrator will also work closely with end users on production support, training users on new functionality, and developing reports to assist with financial reporting needs. This role may perform some finance and accounting duties to assist with the forecasting, quarterly reporting, and monthly close processes.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Meet with internal business teams to understand Hyperion Financial Management (HFM) and Planning project requirements and then act as a liaison between IT and the business during development, testing, and training
• Assist in utilizing newly implemented Hyperion Financial Management (HFM) application for consolidations and SEC reporting
• Support end users on Hyperion Financial Management (HFM) and Planning applications
• Provide training classes and support to users on SmartView
• Assist with metadata governance and maintenance to ensure accurate and critical metadata are set up timely in Hyperion Enterprise Performance Management Architect (EPMA)
• Ensure data loads from source systems are running without error and reconcile data in Hyperion applications to source systems on a monthly basis
• Understand all applications' security setup and assist in review of user security to ensure appropriate and timely assignment of roles
• Monitor and manage system availability during month end close and the forecast cycle
• Design, develop, and test custom reports using Hyperion Financial Reporting Studio and SmartView to address current company needs
• Develop and maintain documentation related to key systems and processes within the Hyperion suite of applications
• Assist with the setup, review, and finalization of the consolidated forecast financial statements
• Assist the Corporate Accounting department with preparation and analysis of the quarterly forecasts and annual budget
• Participate in special projects and process improvement initiatives as determined necessary by management
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS
• A bachelor's degree preferably in Accounting or Finance
Skills - Technical:
• 5 to 7 or more years of experience in an accounting or financial environment
• Experience working in Hyperion Financial Management (HFM), Hyperion Planning, Hyperion Enterprise Performance Management Architect (EPMA), Hyperion Financial Reporting Studio, and SmartView
• Work effectively in a dynamic environment where shifting priorities frequently alter work plans
• Intermediate to advanced skills with Microsoft Excel
• Detail oriented and organized
• Able to multi-task and manage multiple priorities at the same time
• Ability to understand the overall implementation and various interdependencies of the company's Hyperion applications in order to properly assess the impact of changes and improvement initiatives
• General end user software troubleshooting and problem resolution experience
• Professional individual with excellent customer service skills
• Ability to work with individuals from all levels of the organization
• Excellent oral and written communication skills in both a technical and non-technical environment
• Self-starter with an inquisitive nature that is able to bring problems through to resolution
• Positive attitude and team oriented
• Process improvement driven
The Nabors companies own and operate approximately 521 land drilling rigs throughout the world and approximately 607 land workover and well servicing rigs in North America. Nabors’ actively marketed offshore fleet consists of 40 platform rigs, 12 jackup units and 4 barge rigs in the United States and multiple international markets.
In addition, Nabors is one of the largest providers of hydraulic fracturing, cementing, nitrogen and acid pressure pumping services with approximately 805,000 hydraulic horsepower currently in service.
Nabors also manufactures top drives and drilling instrumentation systems and provides comprehensive oilfield hauling, engineering, civil construction, logistics, and facilities maintenance and project management services. Nabors participates in most of the significant oil and gas markets in the world.