Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Hanover, MD, US
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Oceaneering Technologies (OTECH) performs a wide range of engineering services and products for unique marine systems for military and commercial customers. OTECH innovates wherever practical rather than inventing making it “faster to field” than others in its industry; the typical development/delivery cycle for complex mechanical, hydraulic, electrical systems is often completed in 12-15 months. Technical capabilities span the entire engineering spectrum. These skills have been demonstrated in successfully delivered systems, including Remotely Operated Vehicles (ROVs); Autonomous Underwater Vehicles (AUVs); saturation diving systems; surface and sub-surface vehicle launch and recovery systems; advanced offshore cranes; and life support systems.
OTECH is a division of Oceaneering International Inc. and ISO 9001 certified.
For more information please go to www.oceaneering.com and click on Products & Services, then click on Non-Oilfield, then click on Naval and Marine Services, then click Oceaneering Technologies.
The Navigation Analyst is responsible for the direct support of OTECH Analysis Center. This role provides technical and analytical support in the ocean navigation data acquisition field at a government site in the Washington DC area.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform surface and sub-surface navigation track reconstruction and navigation system performance evaluation for a variety of US Navy and commercial programs.
- Evaluate and improve the accuracy of the navigation data from vessels and underwater exploration vehicles through a combination of sensor, situation analysis, and statistical error analysis.
- The processing, analysis, evaluation, and exploitation of navigation and shipboard instrumentation data collected from various ocean systems.
- Prepare navigation data, including data acquisition entry and editing.
- Provide operation of sophisticated re-navigation processing systems including statistical results evaluation
- Perform track reconstruction, navigation analysis, and related analytical tasks using the navigation and support data processing software systems and databases resident on Windows-based workstations located at the customer site.
- Prepare formal written technical reports and oral briefings to report analysis findings and conclusions to the customer.
- Production of various ad hoc documentation and deliverables.
- Maintain clear and precise navigations data records.
- Support program reviews and technical reviews of various documentation deliverables.
- Some travel is required.
- Associate Degree in Engineering, Mathematics, or related field. Equivalent work experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD security clearance.
- Must be well versed in standard marine navigation practices and procedures.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (including Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel) and image editing software such as Adobe Photoshop.
- Working knowledge of inertial navigation principles; radio-navigation aids such as GPS; and acoustic navigation systems such as Doppler sonar navigators, velocity logs, and long baseline and ultra-short baseline systems.
- Familiarity with high-performance computer operation and use.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work independently and in team settings.
- Bachelor’s degree in any Engineering, Physical Science, or Mathematics discipline.
- Experience with ESRI Geographic Information System (GIS) software.
- Experience in the use of standard database software packages (Access, SQL, and Oracle).
Equal Employment Opportunity
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, political affiliation, marital status, sexual orientation, or other non-merit factors.
Job Board Partnership
Job Title: Navigation Analyst
Location: Hanover, Maryland
Job ID: 11572
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Oceaneering develops products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. The company is the world's largest manufacturer and operator of work class Remotely Operated Vehicles (ROVs) and is also a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, workover control systems, asset integrity services, umbilicals, subsea hardware and tooling. Oceaneering also serves the aerospace, defense and theme park industries.