Skills: Technical Manager
Experience: 15 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, TX, US
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Oceaneering is a global oilfield provider of engineered services and products primarily to the offshore oil and gas industry, with a focus on deepwater applications. Through the use of its applied technology expertise, Oceaneering also serves the defense, entertainment, and aerospace industries. Oceaneering’s business offerings include remotely operated vehicles, built-to-order specialty subsea hardware, deepwater intervention and manned diving services, non-destructive testing and inspection, and engineering and project management.
ADTECH designs, builds, and operates unique underwater systems for the US Navy and provides life cycle maintenance services for Submarines and Deep Submergence Systems. ADTECH is developing the next generation space suit for NASA and provides robotic and spacecraft life support systems. ADTECH is also an award winning leader in design, build, and installation of theme park entertainment ride systems and provides intra-logistic solutions using AGV systems.
ADTECH's business areas are: Oceaneering Technologies, Marine Services Division, Oceaneering Space Systems, Oceaneering Entertainment Systems, Frog AGV Systems, and ADTECH Manufacturing Group.
For more information please go to www.oceaneering.com and click on Products & Services, then click on Non-Oilfield, then click on Naval and Marine Services.
The Senior Staff Engineer is a recognized expert, leader, and resource, responsible for maintaining and expanding OSS’ technical excellence through personal knowledge, experiences, and innovations. They will utilize technical area(s) of expertise to coach and mentor other engineers and support project success and business growth.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Promotes innovation through in-depth technical knowledge and engagement of others.
- Provides leadership and oversight of new technology processes; or analysis development.
- Provides independent assessments of a project's technical approach and implementation, as requested by the VP/GM or PMs.
- Participates in design reviews to mentor less experienced engineers and technical personnel, and maintain and advance company technical standards and reputation.
- Ensures work is planned and performed in a safe manner and comply with OSS’ safety process.
- Catalyst for development of proprietary and patentable designs processes, or analysis.
- Ensures that regulatory and other government requirements are properly understood and that OSS’ product development, production, and performance meet these requirements.
- Coordinates the transfer of technical information between programs, projects, and proposals.
- SME in their enginering discipline for latest technology advancements in marketplace and research.
- Actively researches latest advancements in field of expertise and assesses applicability to projects (current and future) within OSS. Aids in the implementation of these advancements.
- B.S. or advanced degree in Engineering; plus a minimum of fifteen (15) years’ experience.
- Established as an Industry leader in technical area of expertise. For example, has published peer-reviewed papers in field of expertise; is or has been an established member of at least one national committee, has been awarded patents in area of expertise; or any similar combination of exposure and recognition.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, political affiliation, marital status, sexual orientation, or other non-merit factors.
Job Board Partnership
Job Title: Sr. Staff Engineer
Location: Houston, Texas
Job ID: 11573
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Oceaneering develops products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. The company is the world's largest manufacturer and operator of work class Remotely Operated Vehicles (ROVs) and is also a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, workover control systems, asset integrity services, umbilicals, subsea hardware and tooling. Oceaneering also serves the aerospace, defense and theme park industries.