Skills: Budget / Cost Control, Project Management
Experience: 15 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Hanover, MD, US
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Oceaneering Technologies (OTECH) performs a wide range of engineering services and products for unique marine systems for military and commercial customers. OTECH innovates wherever practical rather than inventing making it “faster to field” than others in its industry; the typical development/delivery cycle for complex mechanical, hydraulic, electrical systems is often completed in 12-15 months. Technical capabilities span the entire engineering spectrum. These skills have been demonstrated in successfully delivered systems, including Remotely Operated Vehicles (ROVs); Autonomous Underwater Vehicles (AUVs); saturation diving systems; surface and sub-surface vehicle launch and recovery systems; advanced offshore cranes; and life support systems.
OTECH is a division of Oceaneering International Inc. and ISO 9001 certified.
For more information please go to www.oceaneering.com and click on Products & Services, then click on Non-Oilfield, then click on Naval and Marine Services, then click Oceaneering Technologies.
Responsibility for the results achieved in terms of cost, schedule and performance on a particular program(s). Manage all functions including sales, manufacturing, engineering, quality control, accounting, purchasing and human resources.
The Program Manager should have a strong background in both the financial and technical aspects of managing a business, including personnel management, safety and profit/loss.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for execution of assignments for all program personnel including engineers, drafters, designers, project managers, consultants and administrative personnel.
- Works with the Manager of Programs to maintain a positive profit center in support of Oceaneering’s other departments and ultimately other divisions.
- Responsible for program productivity improvement, finished product, production, engineering operations and necessary safety compliance met through the effective implementation of ISO 9000 standards.
- Assist in department sales efforts to expand customer base.
- Responsible for program personnel management and evaluation including employee motivation as well as assisting the Manager of Programs in determining precise job requirements and establishing pay scales and promotions.
- Assist the Manager of Programs in determining the most effective and productive methods to enhance department and program capabilities, safety maintenance, control UDCs and value engineering.
- Promote existing customer relations through support of the Purchasing Department in evaluating new quotations and the monitoring of on-time deliveries and quality.
- Report Program activities and monitor operation to plan and profitability.
- Advise, consult and/or counsel contacts and customers as necessary in order to gain cooperation and acceptance of ideas and actions.
- Formulating methods and processes to perform program goals in the most efficient and productive manner. Position requires frequent application of original and independent thinking in developing methods, products or systems.
- Make decisions and take independent action, following broad objectives on strategic and operational matter affecting a major function or department in the organization. Decisions are subject to guidance from executive/senior management. This may include determining the priority of projects, personnel requirements and control of overhead costs.
- Some travel may be required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or similar technical field.
- Fifteen (15) years of experience in technical field.
- Minimum eight (8) years working in a responsible management position.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully manage design/build of complex mechanical systems involving structural and mechanical components, electronics, and hydraulics.
- Proven ability to meet schedule and budget goals for a hardware design/build program.
- Understanding and experience negotiating contract terms and conditions.
- Personnel management and mentoring.
- The ability to understand financial statements and effect positive financial statement outcomes.
- Demonstrated understanding of the design and production problems of the technical area.
- Possesses and applies an advanced knowledge of engineering principles and practices in all related fields of the company.
- Demonstrates well-developed leadership qualities.
- Capability to interface with a variety of customers for project execution, obtaining follow-on work, and developing new business.
- Must be able to obtain security clearance.
- Master’s Degree in Engineering or Business preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, political affiliation, marital status, sexual orientation, or other non-merit factors.
Job Board Partnership
Job Title: Program Manager
Location: Hanover, Maryland
Job ID: 11574
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Oceaneering develops products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. The company is the world's largest manufacturer and operator of work class Remotely Operated Vehicles (ROVs) and is also a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, workover control systems, asset integrity services, umbilicals, subsea hardware and tooling. Oceaneering also serves the aerospace, defense and theme park industries.