Skills: Environmental Engineer, Project Management
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Research Triangle Park (RTP), NC, US
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Overview / Responsibilities
Amec Foster Wheeler Environment & Infrastructure is currently seeking a Project Manager.
- Project Tracking and Control - Ensures the accuracy of financial information produced for single tasks or multiple tasks for projects including large, multi-tasked or complex projects; maximizes job profitability and minimizes financial risk
- Contract Administration - Ensures project contractual deliverables are addressed on a timely basis; minimizes company's risk associated with non-recoverable expenses and other risk management issues
- Document Production and Control - Ensures production schedules are met and the presentation formats of documents meet company standards
- General Liaison/Interface - Ensures administrative correspondence produced by company for clients is a professional reflection of the company
- Personnel Direction/Management - Provides leadership, supervision, motivation, and coordination to project to ensure quality administrative and financial assistance is provided
- Maintenance Supervision - Ensures safety of employees peforming daily activities. Oversees daily activities for 22 maintenance technicians who perform structural, electrical, HVAC, and plumbing repairs, maintenance, and construction. Ensures compliance with contract objectives related to timeliness and quality. Participates in safe procedure development. Oversees subcontractor performance. Enforces company and client policies. Uses a computerized maintenance management system (CMMS) to manage repairs and maintenance
Skills / Qualifications
- B.S. or M.S. Engineering, Science or related technical field and 5 years relevant experience or 10+ years of relevant experience supervising or managing similar activities. Comprehensive knowledge of facility maintenance services, accounting, business administration and project management practices
- Must be familiar with regulatory and safety codes including OSHA, HAZMAT, water quality and fire safety regulations
- Successful experience leading and coaching staff and exercising organizational skills
- Strong and effective management and supervisory skills are required, including planning, organizing, communicating, influencing, gathering and using information, and motivating to achieve results and ability to use and to teach others how to use various shop tools
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong working skills using MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Fully developed skills in project planning, scheduling and estimating
- Experience handling administrative requirements of large and multi-task projects
- Ability to respond to emergencies and work under pressure
- Sense of urgency and excellent responsiveness
- Ability to work independently
- Able and willing to work flexible hours and to effectively adapt to changing priorities
- A valid drivers license is required
- Must pass drug test, background check and must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company's driving (MVR) policy
- Body - Position requies exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body
- Talking. - Position requies expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word
- Hearing - Position requires perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels or without correction, the ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and the ability to make fine discriminations in sound
- Seeing - The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; expansive reading; visual inspection involving small defects, small parts, and/or operation of machines (including inspection); using measurement devices; and/or assembly of fabrication of parts at distances close to the eyes
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Amec Foster Wheeler (www.amecfw.com) designs, delivers and maintains strategic and complex assets for its customers across the global energy and related sectors.
Employing around 36,000 people in more than 55 countries and with 2015 revenues of £5.5 billion, the company operates across the oil and gas industry – from production through to refining, processing and distribution of derivative products – and in the mining, clean energy, power generation, pharma, environment and infrastructure markets.
Amec Foster Wheeler offers full life-cycle services to offshore and onshore oil and gas projects (conventional and unconventional, upstream, midstream and downstream) for greenfield, brownfield and asset support projects, plus leading refining technology.
Amec Foster Wheeler shares are publicly traded on the London Stock Exchange and its American Depositary Shares are traded on the New York Stock Exchange. Both trade under the ticker AMFW.