Port Arthur, TX, US
Port Arthur, TX, US
Skills: Chemical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering
Experience: 8 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Port Arthur, TX, US
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
47852BR MOTIVA - Control Systems Engineer - Port Arthur, TX United States Port Arthur, Texas Texas - Port Arthur Ref Motiva Enterprises is on a journey to become the safest and most profitable downstream company in the U.S. More than 3,700 dedicated professionals comprise the 50/50 joint venture between Shell and Saudi Aramco. Motiva has refineries located in Convent and Norco, Louisiana and Port Arthur, Texas with combined capacity of over 1 million barrels per day, making it the third largest manufacturing company in the Americas. A strategic distribution network of product terminals across the eastern and southern parts of the U.S. delivers quality gasoline and petroleum products to nearly 8,300 Shell-branded retail outlets. Be part of a dynamic and nimble organization where your talents are rewarded and your efforts make a difference in the company’s performance.
As announced on March 16, Motiva’s owners have signed a non-binding Letter of Intent to separate the assets and businesses of the joint venture. Saudi Aramco publicly stated at that time Motiva will be set up as an autonomous integrated downstream affiliate. As such, Motiva remains committed to managing its current business and preparing the organization to function as a stand-alone entity. Motiva is seeking talented professionals who want to make a difference in the company and the industry.
Provide technical support to ensure reliable operations of Control systems for assigned Production area. Ensure that control systems performance meets customer and HSSE requirements and that system designs meet corporate and industry guidelines.
- Monitor control systems performance trends and develop plans to improve equipment reliability in production area.
- Control Systems focal point providing or coordinating technical assurance of control systems for assigned area of responsibility.
- Support maintenance and inspectors in analyzing complex problems escalated by the maintenance work process.
- Provides guidance on control systems maintenance effectiveness to help continuously improve correct scope definition and quality of execution.
- Ensures full compliance with HSSE and Technical Standards / Procedures for new and changes to automation and control designs.
- Reviews Instrumented Protective Function (IPF) classification/design to ensure compliance with corporate and PSM standards.
- Reviews performance of control systems designed to mitigate risks identified from risk management studies (LOPA, etc).
- Technical Assurance Coordinator (TAC) for Management of Change (MOC) associated with Control Systems.
- Coordinate update of Process Safety Management (PSM) documentation as necessary. (IPF documentation).
- Participate in technical and safety reviews (e.g. PHA) to ensure HSSE compliance and technical integrity in design.
- Participate and lead CS incident investigations to evaluate root causes and propose design or work process improvements.
- Develop Project Initiation Forms (PIFs), Investment Proposals (IPs) and concept designs for additions or modifications to control systems.
- Develops or review operating procedures for plant control systems equipment as required.
- Provide timely input to T/A planning, documents, scope of work and plans for execution. Provides active support during T/A shutdown, execution and start up activities.
- Acts as focal point to ensure operational awareness and technical assurance of Project Engineering and other technical groups working in production area.
- Ensure control systems comply with applicable corporate, safety and environmental standards (DEPS, industry standards, State and Federal regulations, etc.)
- Confirms instrument equipment is installed in accordance with Shell DEPs, industry standards and National Electric Code.
- Serves in control systems duty roster as scheduled.
- Participates in Reliability Centered Maintenance analysis and helps to establish alarms and limits for equipment through Ensure Safe Production work process.
- Proactively identify improvement opportunities via technical monitoring processes (MDPro, Smart instrumentation, etc.) in alignment with HSSE, reliability and cost improvement goals to develop and implement solutions to control systems problems outside of normal maintenance work process.
- Assesses and identifies training needs for new controls equipment.
- Must have legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering.
- Minimum eight (8) years experience in Control Systems or similar discipline preferred.
- Proven Communication skills (both written and oral), organizational and planning skills (able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously).
- Experience in base layer control and instrumentation (pneumatic, electronic, Foundation Fieldbus, DCS, PLCs etc.).
- Experience in IPF and Instrumented Safety Systems.
- Experience in control algorithm implementation for LCN & ExPKS DCS platforms, PLC applications and miscellaneous control hardware.
- Experience with use of Triconex Safety Systems.
- Knowledge of Bently-Nevada Systems machine monitoring systems.
- Knowledge of Advanced Control Algorithms (SMOC, Advanced Level Control, etc).
- Knowledge of relevant DEPs, and Shell Standards
- Knowledge of capital process.
- Knowledge of Refining or chemical processes.
- Knowledge of GAME Work Processes.
- Awareness of steady state process simulation packages (e.g. SimSci, Aspen).
Learn More about Shell: Watch their Life at Shell Video