Skills: Facilities Engineer
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, TX, US
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Chevron is one of the world's leading energy companies, with approximately 60,000 employees working in countries around the world. We explore, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute fuels and other energy products; manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power; and develop future energy resources, including biofuels and geothermal energy.
Chevron Energy Technology Company (ETC) is accepting online applications for the position of Fire Protection Engineer to provide support to existing assets, including offshore structures, production facilities, chemical facilities and pipelines. This position will be located in Houston, Texas .
Requisition ID #114201
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Provide technical support to all Chevron Operating Companies (OPCO''s)
- Independently establish credibility and serve OPCO''s business needs in a consulting/engineering role in the area of fire protection, design engineering, and field testing/commissioning/training
- Perform (and train others) firewater hydraulic calculations/transient analysis, fire and gas 3D mapping, fire and gas instrumentation support
- Maintain consistent contacts with ETC subject matter experts (SME’s) and develop an active interface between the OPCO project management, end-users, and ETC SME''s.
- Perform (and train OPCO’s) fire water/fire pump flow testing/reporting and foam, testing/sampling analysis
- Update/revise and/or review fire protection CES
- Provide incidental code (NFPA/API etc.)/CES consulting/Reporting
- Provide site fire protection reviews/participate in insurance audits/Technical Readiness Reviews (TRR), Perform R&D (SRTD) projects
- Participate as SME (or facilitate) RCA
- Submit fire and process safety newsletter articles, and teach/mentor others
- Assist the OPCO project management team with concept development, scoping, field startup/testing/commissioning, trouble shooting, and failure analysis
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering or Engineering Technology
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in Fire Protection Engineering in the oil and gas industry
- Knowledge in emergency response and be able to support the corporation’s emergency responders.
- Some knowledge of hydraulic and transient calculations software (like Pipenet), and fire and gas mapping will be a plus.
Relocation may be considered.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this positonRegulatory Disclosure for US Positions: Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation. Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.