Other Skills: DD project manager
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Midland, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
This job requires coordinating equipment to support directional drilling activities at a drilling rig site which includes MWD/LWD, mud motor, and ancillary equipment. Ensures all equipment are inspected and tested and that inspections are current. Coordinates with Project Manager to ensure any specific requirements for the job are met (non-standard equipment, software). Ensures all equipment is tested, calibrated, and recalibrated within the required periods. Completes and collects required service records and documentation, and stores electronic copies online and hard copies in files. Performs failure analysis of Surface Assets as required and updates analysis in the Reliability database. Responsibilities may include operational inspection and testing of product, stock maintenance, basic assembly and disassembly, and repair of MWD and surface assets to sub component level as necessary including replacement of components as dictated in the relevant Competency Standards.
The supervisor will also provide back up and relief for the MWD/LWD and directional drilling operation at the well site. The supervisor must be able to rig up/down onsite equipment and down-hole tools while drilling. The applicant also must show a proficient understanding of wellbore survey process and accurate real-time data acquisition including directional drilling. Attention to detail is required to provide accurate daily and final well reports on services performed, maintaining MWD/DD logs, and providing company with accurate data.
Collaboration is expected with the Project Manager and the onsite directional drillers to ensure BHA specification and MWD drilling optimization parameters are realized. Clear, concise communication is also key with company representatives such as the company man, drilling engineer, and field supervisors.
• Coordinate shipping and logistics of directional drilling equipment to support ongoing operations at a rig site.
• Responsible for ensuring all proper testing, calibration, and maintaining of down hole tools has been completed prior to equipment arriving at rig site. This equipment includes MWD, gamma, and mud pulse telemetry tools, mud motors, and other ancillary equipment.
• Diagnostics and failure analysis and reporting
• Maintain Inventory and Parts re-ordering
• Mechanically inclined and electrically competent including metering, basic computing skills with exposure to data entry & office platforms
• Ability to work in team environment
• Excellent communication skills, organization & self-motivation
• Preferred: Technical knowledge of Directional Drilling Systems products and Services. Previous experience in the maintenance and repair of MWD Surface Logging Systems, experience with intrinsically safe electrical systems.
• Minimum 5 years required in drilling MWD/LWD engineering or maintenance role
• High School/Secondary required, Associate or Technical School degrees preferred
• Understanding of the dynamic down hole drilling environment
• Must be able to execute detailed technical plans with minimum supervision
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Commitment to safety and the environment