Skills: HSE Manager / Advisor
Experience: 7 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Accra, Ghana
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Overview / Responsibilities
Amec Foster Wheeler requires the services of HSE Field Supervisors on a 12 month contract basis to be based in Ghana on Onshore / Offshore rotational basis.
Amec Foster Wheeler & BBS Ltd., a Ghanaian JV between Amec Foster Wheeler and BBS Engineering Ltd an indigenous Ghanaian company have been contracted to provide project management engineering support services (PMESS) to ENI E&P Ghana Ltd. The required services shall cover Offshore Deep-water Oil & Gas Development Projects and Onshore Oil & Gas Development Projects.
The main functions required for these services are:
- To support project construction activities and supervising construction contractors and specialist personnel, according to company HSE procedures in close co-operation with company’s Construction and Commissioning team
- To ensure that all in-field activities and equipment are in accordance with HSE regulations, policies, standards and best practices, thereby assuring the safety of all personnel, company assets and the environment
- To champion, support and monitor the implementation of the company HSE requirements
- control observance of legislative and other occupational safety standard legal acts, safety and environment
The key responsibilities required are:
- Demonstrate commitment and personal involvement in HSE
- Support the implementation of the company HSE Policy, its aims and objectives
- Champion HSE in all aspects of operational activities and support the Philosophy of zero harm to people or the environment
- Support the identification of HSE hazards, evaluation of risks for all activities and development of the tools to manage and reduce these risks
- Update the company Risk Register
- Monitor construction and logistic operations and activities compliance with the company Minimum Safety standards, Project HSE plans, the company HSE IMS procedures, instructions and legislative requirements
Skills / Qualifications
- Technical Degree or University Diploma
- 7 years’ of Oil and Gas industry experience
- 7 years’ of construction industry experience
- 5 years’ of HSE practice experience
- NEBOSH International Certificate in Construction Health and Safety
- NEBOSH International Technical Certificate in Oil and Gas Operational Safety will be an added advantage
- Incident Investigation and Root Cause Analysis (TapRooT) will be an added advantage
- Fire safety course
- First aid course
- Experienced reviewing environmental regulations to assess impact on operations
- Knowledge of all aspects of environmental (air quality, water quality, protected species, natural resources, waste management, etc.) related to Oil and Gas exploration and production operation and local laws and regulations. Required understanding and experience with the typical processes and tools necessary to accomplish environmental goals
- Strong experiences and knowledge in the construction operations and processes
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.
Wood is ranked among Top 30 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings. Find out more here.