Skills: Environmental Engineer
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Jacksonville, FL, US
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Overview / Responsibilities
Amec Foster Wheeler Environment & Infrastructure is currently seeking a Emergency Management Coordinator. This position directly reports to the Florida Director of Emergency Management and provides professional work at the advanced level for emergency management / homeland security planning, training and exercise and grant support. In addition, the EM Coordinator provides technical assistance in developing, coordinating and overseeing natural and man-made disaster response and recovery plans and other emergency management products for Amec Foster Wheeler Environment & Infrastructure EM Practice.
The EM Coordinator provides professional work at the advanced level for emergency management / homeland security planning, training, exercise and grant management support. The EM Coordinator is also provides technical assistance for the State Homeland Security Grant Program and the Urban Area Security Initiative Grant Program.
- Develops, manages and administers all emergency plans and EM planning programs in compliance with local, state and federal regulations that apply
- Schedules, facilitates planning committee meetings of emergency preparedness plans and planning initiatives
- Provides emergency management / homeland security technical assistance to clients and stakeholders
- Develop and assist Amec Foster Wheeler EM / HS practice with Emergency Response Training and Exercise Plans and with development Homeland Security Exercise & Evaluation Program implementation for clients
- Develop curriculum for clients and stakeholders for emergency response
- Represents Amec Foster Wheeler EM practice at state and federal workshops, state working groups, funding committees and conferences
- Assists, coordinates and consults with management of other city governmental and community agencies on continuity of operations planning and emergency response and evacuation planning
- Coordinates and maintains working relationships with the private sector to develop emergency plans and capabilities in support of emergency plans for clients
- Coordinates damage assessments and other post disaster functions including on-site visitations to affected disaster areas for clients and stakeholders
- Provides technical assistance in the implementation of EOC upgrades for clients
- Responds to incidents as requested by Amec Foster Wheeler or designee
Skills / Qualifications
- Knowledge of FEMA planning standards
- Knowledge of COOP and COG requirements
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project and Visio
- Proficiency in professional writing
- Ability to develop, review, evaluate and administer emergency preparedness plans and programs
- Ability to coordinate, consult with and guide others on multi-organizational projects
- Subject Matter Expert on DHS Target Capability List
- Subject Matter Expert on DHS National Planning Scenarios
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing
- Ability to maintain records and prepare reports
- Knowledge of principles and techniques of emergency preparedness planning and management
- Knowledge of methods and techniques of research, statistical analysis and forecasting
- Knowledge of computer hardware, software and database systems
- Skill in developing and coordinating consensus on emergency preparedness plans
- Skill in developing and presenting public information programs
- Ability to train, schedule, assign, monitor, review and evaluate the work of assigned staff
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Trained on FEMA ICS 100, 200, 300, 400, 700 & 800
- Trained in FEMA All Hazards Incident Management Team Course
- Certified in FEMA Advance Professional Series Standards for Disaster Operations Skills
- DHS Protected Critical Infrastructure (PCII) Certified
- Trained in DHS’ Automated Critical Asset Management System
- Trained on FEMA Homeland Security Exercise and Evaluation Program;
- ICS Instructor – L449
- Florida Professional Emergency Manager
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Amec Foster Wheeler (www.amecfw.com) designs, delivers and maintains strategic and complex assets for its customers across the global energy and related sectors.
Employing around 36,000 people in more than 55 countries and with 2015 revenues of £5.5 billion, the company operates across the oil and gas industry – from production through to refining, processing and distribution of derivative products – and in the mining, clean energy, power generation, pharma, environment and infrastructure markets.
Amec Foster Wheeler offers full life-cycle services to offshore and onshore oil and gas projects (conventional and unconventional, upstream, midstream and downstream) for greenfield, brownfield and asset support projects, plus leading refining technology.
Amec Foster Wheeler shares are publicly traded on the London Stock Exchange and its American Depositary Shares are traded on the New York Stock Exchange. Both trade under the ticker AMFW.