Experience: 7 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Alpharetta, GA, US
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Overview / Responsibilities
Amec Foster Wheeler Environment & Infrastructure a Supervisor Senior Accountant (Tax) to support the Indirect Tax Manager in the coordination of the company’s general accounting activities to ensure the timely and accurate delivery of financial information and non-income tax reporting. Specific tax reporting responsibilities include: US Sales and Use tax, Gross Receipts tax, US Personal Property tax, International VAT, Unclaimed Property and US Business Licenses.
- Supervise, support and mentor tax staff
- Review of Sales and use tax, Business Property tax, Canada GST and business license tax filings
- Analysis of VAT accounts & various withholding accounts to ensure accurate reporting by outside consultants
- Support & manage the completion of state, provincial and local tax audits
- Oversee month end close functions to include review of account reconciliations, journal entries and account analysis
- Research tax statutes to determine taxability of projects, services & purchases
- Documenting and implementing procedures necessary to maintain and improve internal controls
- General support to Indirect Tax Manager
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration and a minimum of 7 years of Multi-State & Local Tax experience in a dynamic / changing organization
- Strong knowledge of accounting and tax principles (thorough understanding of G / L account reconciliation and other accounting processes)
- Thorough understanding of State, Local and Provincial tax filing requirements for US and Canada
- Familiarity with European VAT
- Strong initiative and follow-up
- Positive attitude and a willingness to take on new tasks
- High level of computer literacy is required with particular emphasis on Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint)
- Past experience in a professional service organization (e.g., engineering and consulting) is preferred but not required
- CMI, MTAX, CPA or CPA candidate is preferred but not required
- Position will require periodic overtime, particularly during 1st and 4th quarters
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Amec Foster Wheeler (www.amecfw.com) designs, delivers and maintains strategic and complex assets for its customers across the global energy and related sectors.
Employing around 36,000 people in more than 55 countries and with 2015 revenues of £5.5 billion, the company operates across the oil and gas industry – from production through to refining, processing and distribution of derivative products – and in the mining, clean energy, power generation, pharma, environment and infrastructure markets.
Amec Foster Wheeler offers full life-cycle services to offshore and onshore oil and gas projects (conventional and unconventional, upstream, midstream and downstream) for greenfield, brownfield and asset support projects, plus leading refining technology.
Amec Foster Wheeler shares are publicly traded on the London Stock Exchange and its American Depositary Shares are traded on the New York Stock Exchange. Both trade under the ticker AMFW.