Skills: Electrical Technician, Electrician, Instrumentation Technician
Experience: 7 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houma, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Shamrock Energy Solutions is looking for an Electrical and Instrumentation Supervisor to work both on land and offshore at various locations in the continental US and Gulf of Mexico.
Candidates must be a leader who is self-motivated, eager to work and can direct and train other employees. Candidate must have extensive experience in Production, Industrial, Plant and Pipeline Facilities. The Electrical and Instrumentation Supervisor is responsible for complete installations of electrical and pneumatic components and equipment that meet all applicable codes and standards. Must be able to troubleshoot and diagnose problems with 120/240 Volt Single Phase and 480 Volt 3-phase electrical systems, 24 VDC DC Digital, Analog and Frequency I/O, equipment, and components, using test equipment and hand tools, to locate the cause of the malfunction and correct the problem. The candidate must be capable of performing pneumatic panel troubleshooting, repairs and revisions as well as well hook-ups, and have the ability to run stainless steel tubing. The Electrical and Instrumentation Supervisor is responsible for observing and following all Electrical Safety Regulations per OSHA and Current NFPA 70E with required Arc Flash PPE as well as understand and follow the National Electrical Code (NEC). Candidates must reside in the Southern Central Continental US, preferably Louisiana, Texas, Mississippi and Alabama. This is a 24 Hour Callout Position FOB Houma, Louisiana or Lafayette Louisiana.
- Minimum (7+) years of troubleshooting and construction installation electrical experience as a Supervisor on offshore and or onshore production/pipelines platforms/facilities
- Minimum (7+) years of troubleshooting and construction installation pneumatic/hydraulic experience as a Supervisor on offshore and or onshore production/pipeline platforms/facilities
- Must be available to work 12 hour day and night shifts, weekends, call-outs and overtime.
- Must be available to travel on land and offshore, by vehicle, by boat, by helicopter, by airplane, etc.
- Candidate must have a strong desire to be a part of a high growth company with an entrepreneurial spirit and a fast-paced, results-orientated culture.
- Ability to assemble, install, test and maintain electrical equipment, components, conduit, cables, cable tray, wiring, equipment, motors, motor starters, circuit breakers, generators, switchgear, transformers, VFD's, etc.
- Must be Competent with troubleshooting 480 VAC 3 Phase motors, motor starters, electric actuators, lighting, VFD's, Generators, Switchgear, transformers and programming VFD's.
- Proficient in testing electrical systems and continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures, using testing devices such as Multimeters, Ohmmeters, Voltmeters, Meggers, and Amprobes to ensure compatibility and safety of the system.
- Maintain electrical equipment to meet regulatory codes at the parish, state and federal levels.
- Proficient in calibrating, testing and troubleshooting analog and digital I/O such as transmitters, pressure switches, solenoids, and end devices to PLC's
- Perform rigging activities, safety-related job duties and other miscellaneous electrical job duties.
- Proficient in running rigid and plastibond conduit for electrical systems both onshore and offshore
- Proficient in running single and group tubing for pneumatic and hydraulic control and safety systems both onshore and offshore
- Capable of troubleshooting, repairing and rebuilding high and low pilots, pneumatic and hydraulic relays, first out indicators, dump valves, back pressure valves, controllers, shut down valves, and check valves
- Demonstrate safe and proficient use of tools (both hand and power).
- Demonstrate knowledge of mechanical equipment
- Must possess demonstrated ability to safely utilize a forklift and high/man lift.
- Must be physically capable of performing work from ladders, scaffolds, man lifts, roofs to install, maintain or repair electrical wiring, equipment and fixtures.
- Perform installation and maintenance work as part of a team of skilled trade workers.
- Perform duties in a work environment that will be hot, cold, dirty and fast-paced.
- Proficiency in reading technical documentation including Piping & Instrument Diagrams, loop drawings, wiring schematics, and specifications
- Promote Safety
- Lead an entire electrical and pneumatic crew
- Promote good housekeeping methods on all worksites
- Other duties as assigned.
Non-Qualified individuals should not apply
- Insurance-Medical, Dental, Vision, Life
- Prescription Drug Plan
- Long Term & Short Term Disability
- Paid vacations and holidays
- Performance Award Program
Shamrock Energy Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Pay is competitive and based on experience.
Please visit our website to fill out an application and apply online.
Shamrock Energy Solutions is a diversified services provider for the energy industry with locations in Louisiana and Texas. Founded in 1997, Shamrock started in the Gulf of Mexico region offering a variety of services including contract production personnel, mechanical services, glycol/production equipment servicing, and electrical services. Shamrock has continued to grow in size, areas of operations, and areas of expertise while also enhancing its core business units. Shamrock maintains a family oriented philosophy and follows the concept of “provide for your employees and your employees will have a feeling of ownership and pride.”
Shamrock has expanded its operations to include Packaged Systems, Production Equipment, Instrumentation & Electrical, Mechanical Services, Production Operations, Valve & Wellhead, Rentals & Refurbished Equipment. We are a company dedicated to taking care of its customers by offering multiple products and services. A complete list of our products and services can be found on our website at www.go-shamrock.com or in our brochure. An overview of our products and services is listed below:
- Production Operations
- Mechanical Maintenance
- Instrumentation & Electrical
- Production Equipment
- Valve & Wellhead
- Rentals & Refurbished Equipment
Shamrock has an extensive customer base throughout the Gulf Coast Region. Through great efforts in customer relations, employee retention and recruiting, and great work ethics Shamrock Energy Solutions has proven itself as leader in the oil and gas industry.
Shamrock Energy Solutions is a Family oriented company who provides Excellent Employee Benefits and Incentives.