Skills: Supply Chain Management
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Belle Chasse, LA, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Chevron is one of the world's leading energy companies, with approximately 60,000 employees working in countries around the world. We explore, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute fuels and other energy products; manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power; and develop future energy resources, including biofuels and geothermal energy.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Supply Network Planner located in Belle Chasse , Louisiana /United States through February 20, 2017 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Develop efficient and cost effective mid-term supply plan, taking into account demand forecast, capacity, and shutdowns. The deliverables of the supply plan would be manufacturing/production plan, stock transfer plan between manufacturing sites, and raw material purchase plan
- Work with various functions including Sales, Operations, Technical, Procurement, QA, and Supply Chain peers to ensure that mid-term supply plan is executed.
- Develop and support sales, inventory, logistics and production strategies working with Sales, Procurement, Operations, Logistics and Tolling team
- Participate in the Supply Network Planning process.
- Update various reports including planning, BCP, metrics etc.
- Conduct look backs on deviations between actuals vs. plan and rallies support to close the gap.
- Develop sourcing strategies to ensure enterprise value using appropriate tools.
- Work closely with the global supply chain and other regions to implement the tactical supply plan.
- Respond to issues from current month that could impact mid-term to ensure supply reliability and minimize impact to customers.
- Manage transitions of products to ensure inventory is managed well. Support the activities of the Global Oronite Organization regarding component change management, product transitions, formulation changes, and new customers/components/products.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Supply Chain or Business/Finance.
- Minimum of 3+ years Supply Chain Planning experience.
- Minimum of 2+ years developing efficient and cost effective mid-term (beyond short term) supply plan taking into account demand forecast, capacity, inventory targets and shutdowns:
- Experience working with cross functional team to execute the supply plans developed.
- Good understanding of basic finance (i.e. fixed and variable costs, inventory costs).
- Proficient with MS Excel.
- Demonstrated success using analytical planning tools to evaluate alternatives to help drive business decisions.
- Effective communication skills that suits the audience.
- Supply Chain planning experience in chemicals/petrochemicals manufacturing.
- SAP and APO knowledge.
Relocation will be considered within Chevron parameters.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position. Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions: Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation. Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.