Hackberry, LA, US
Hackberry, LA, US
Skills: Construction Engineer, Instrument & Controls Engineer
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Hackberry, LA, US
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Our Client is in the Engineering, Procurement, and Construction phase of development on a multi-train LNG export terminal, on the site of an existing import terminal, located near the Lake Charles region of the Louisiana gulf coast. The export facility is expected to become operational by 2018.
Sr. Systems & Controls Engineer
The Senior Systems and Control Engineer manages the process control elements of the design to develop and implement the process control strategy in the DCS, Safety Instrument System (SIS) and Fire and Gas system. The position is responsible for providing technical assistance on site and supports the field engineering phase and the construction oversight, monitoring and reporting of the Project.
Functionally reporting to the Lead Instrument and Control Engineer, the position is part of Field Engineering Team and will provide engineering support to Construction team during phase 1, 2, 3 in overseeing day to day Control Systems activities performed by the site contractors. The position is specialized in Control Systems engineering, material construction and testing.
The position will support activities through construction, pre-commissioning, commissioning and start-up. Transportation Worker Identification Credentials (TWIC) will be required.
- Works with the manufactures to ensure that the control strategy developed and hardware supplied by the manufactures complies with the specification. Develop documentation necessary to maintain both the software and hardware.
- Implement the control strategy together with the EPC contractor and logic in the SIS, DCS, F&G, and Leak Detection and manufacture supplied PLCs.
- Monitor Installation and Testing the field of Control Systems hardware and software,
- Monitor Installation and Testing Operator Training (OTS) in conjunction with process engineers and EPC contractor
- Monitor Installation and Testing of Fiber Optic Communication network and Telecommunication systems in conjunction with the EPC Contractor
- Review and comment on contractor supplied specifications and documentation
- Participate in the FAT test and SAT
- Monitor contractor's progress and report to management on any deviation to schedule
- Participate in the SIL/IPF review, if any
- Participate in the development of maintenance automation
- Assist the Construction and Commissioning teams during their activities, where applicable
·Mentor the younger process control engineers
- Bachelor's degree in Chemical Engineering (preferred) or Electrical Engineering
·Requires a minimum of 7 years of experience in control system engineering
·Start-up and commissioning experience
Skills/ Knowledge/ Abilities
·Familiarity and ability to read and interpret electrical and mechanical diagrams, including flow charts, cause/effect diagrams, and Piping and Instrument Drawings (P&IDs).
·Must have a good working knowledge of API, ASME, ANSI, PIP and other process industry codes and standards.
·Excellent communication skills due to extensive EPC and vendor interface
- Ability to maintain multiple assignments with various deadlines and responsibility levels concurrently
·In depth knowledge and understanding of construction practices/techniques, contract laws, and project controls.
- Ability to deal with a wide variety of people with tact, courtesy and professionalism
- Ability to communicate in a professional and effective manner, including in-person, telephone, and E-mail
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated proficiency in referencing, researching, reporting, tracking and monitoring of activities and documents
- Ability to work independently and function with limited supervision
- Knowledge of configuring Triconex required
- Knowledge of configuring DCS system required, knowledge of Emerson Delta V is preferred
- Awareness of CCC controls for refrigerant compressors
- Knowledge of Ladder Logic
- Knowledge of Maximo
- Knowledge of Industrial Communications Protocols
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Travel 25% required, with extended periods of time spent in certain locations depending on work demands
Who are we?
Competentia is a leading specialty provider of Project Management, Engineering and Supervisory Personnel to the Oil & Gas industry globally. The company's head office is in Norway, supporting key operational offices in Australia, China, Japan, South Korea, Singapore, Trinidad, UK and USA.
With senior business management coming direct from the energy sector, the company's ethos is to provide the highest level of service to candidates and customers alike.
Following key successes in Europe and Australasia, the company has initiated an ambitious expansion strategy, targeting the Americas, Middle East & Africa, with particular focus on the subsurface, drilling & completions sector and the expanding LNG market.